MAP sensor pressure ranges

rsrich

Aug 23, 2006
www.turnpikeracing.co.uk
Can someone positively confirm the pressure range of a couple of MAP sensors please??

038 906 051 C (Bosch ref. 0281 002 401)
038 906 051 D (Bosch ref. 0261 230 073)

My information says that the "C" suffix is 300KPa absolute, and "D" suffix is 400KPa absolute (ie up to 2-bar and 3-bar boost respectively) - can someone catagorically cofirm?

Strange thing is I have a "D" suffix part (genuine VAG part with correct labelling etc) but it only has a 250KPa range - outputs 4.65V @ 250KPa as per bosch spec for 250KPA sensor)

MAny thanks for any assistance :D

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
A 2.5 bar map sensor and a 3 bar map sensor will read upto 2.5 bar and 3 bar, its just a pressure sensor. Dont know if there is a difference between me7 and me7.5 and whether the range is limited in it. Some mappers can map with 3 bar but it needs to be adjusted in the map as if you just put in a 3 bar map sensor it confuses the ecu.

rsrich

Aug 23, 2006
www.turnpikeracing.co.uk
all I need to know is what range the two part numbers listed are intended to cover. Mapping isn't an issue as we have aftermarket management anyway so I can scale accordingly, but I'm up against the end of a 2.5bar sensor at the moment at 1.5bar boost and need some headroom. I can use either 3-bar or 4-bar sensors but need to be sure of which part number will do what I need, as the "D" suffix part I have has an output characteristic and range exactly as a 2.5bar one, although everyone who claims to know says it should be 4-bar. No point getting another if that is not true..
Waste of time asking VAG as they only know what part number fits what vehicle model and no more. I can't find definitive Bosch data for those two specific parts, that would be the ideal solution.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
as Rich said he's mapping the sensor to the ecu (emerald)
Whats the part number on the diesel MAP sensor, as I thought this was a suffix D unit...

If anyones got this part number then this should be the 3bar sensor (abs)

rsrich

Aug 23, 2006
www.turnpikeracing.co.uk
Some of the diesel map sensors read higher. But as said, mapping needs adjusting to suit the scaled readings.

Yes both those part numbers are fitted to various diesel models, and I "believe" the "C" suffix part is 3-bar but no-one I've found yet has definitive data to support that.
Mapping is not an issue, I can scale for whichever part I use accordingly.

rsrich

Aug 23, 2006
www.turnpikeracing.co.uk
the confusing thing that's putting me off in all this, is that I have what is generally accepted to be a 4-bar sensor (038 906 051 D) but which actually behaves as a 2.5Bar one.
So I want/need hard and fast factual data, because hearsay and "general consensus) hasn't worked out so far...
Here's an example - http://www.euromotortech.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_235 - that says it pretty clearly, but my "D" part isn't 4-bar... :confused:

rsrich

Aug 23, 2006
www.turnpikeracing.co.uk
ah well, I have confirmation from Bosch regarding these two sensors... oh the joys of misinformation on the Internet [:@]

The "C" suffix is 3-bar and the "D" suffix is in fact 2.5Bar NOT 4Bar
I have seen at least 2 companies advertising the 0261 230 073 sensor as 4-bar.. :think:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise