Replacing Standard Bushes

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
£50 is a very good price, although tracking will need to be done on top, usually about £20. If you don't get it done you'll just end up chewing your tyres to pieces.

At that price I'd get it done. Although those bushes alone are rather pricey.

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Cupra Or Powerflex Bushes

Thinking Off Replacing them all shown on this diagram

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/i/product_images/Ibiza 02.pdf

If i buy the bushes, been quote £50 inc Vat to fit them

Un sure what to do any help Please?

I'd probably fit just the ARB's and the front bushes in poly, regarding the console's...

Personally, I'd go for the Cupra ones. They much cheaper and don't stiffen the suspension up any more than needs be. The Mk4 is known for their hard suspension and poly console bushes will make it a slightly harder ride up front. Just my opinion though

Last edited:

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
how much are the cupra bushes for the mk4

My mates just paid £25 incl shipping from awesome GTI, but you'll possibly get them even cheaper through Sere Motors.

I'll be taking the consoles and bushes into work tomorrow to push them in.

Last edited:

Tiz

ive got the poly console bushes. Super super easy to fit compared to the cupra bushes. Didn't make the ride any more harsh at all but has improved the front end feel no end. If a rubber bush wears out i can never replace them with another rubber bush. Why replace when you can improve?

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
ive got the poly console bushes. Super super easy to fit compared to the cupra bushes. Didn't make the ride any more harsh at all but has improved the front end feel no end. If a rubber bush wears out i can never replace them with another rubber bush. Why replace when you can improve?

Ok fair enough, what car is it? Maybe my comment mainly applies to Cupra's and FR's with hard suspension as standard, and as I said, thats just my opinion, you welcome to disagree

Last edited:

Tiz

Ok fair enough, what car is it? Maybe my comment mainly applies to Cupra's and FR's with hard suspension as standard, and as I said, thats just my opinion, you welcome to disagree

This is on an early pd130 sport. Ive got poly console bushes, front wishbone bushes, anti roll bar bushes, steering rack mounts, FK AK coilovers and a poly dogbone mount bush. I don't think there is any extra vibrations, the steering and handling is very direct and predictable and i think the ride is better than standard. Firm but not crashy and not as much bodyroll. But then again i do have a fully polybushed(and some rose joints) r32 skyline GTR so the ibiza feels like a bentley in ride comfort comparison haha

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
If a rubber bush wears out i can never replace them with another rubber bush. Why replace when you can improve?
For most, the Cupra bush is an improvement. The standard bushes are voided (and they wear out) but the Cupra replacements are solid rubber, and don't wear out.

I'm not doubting polybushing is an improvement, but for the money (Cupra consul bushes are £16 a pair) I was more than satisfied. The handling improvement was noticeable enough.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
think i paid about £17 from Sere motors, and about £80 to fit....

OEM ones...cracked and flexiable
P1070982.jpg

New OEM cupra ones

P1070938.jpg

P1070995.jpg

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
yeah they wont get that thought...the garage will!

Hence, find someone to do it cash in hand...try a few places and haggle, get it down towards the £100 mark and you have done very well.

Heard someplaces quoted up wards of £250!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.