Parts for sale...

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
I've been here since the for sale section existed and tbh, apart from these type of threads, I never miss it. All the good stuff is still advertised on many forums or Facebook groups

ChrisG656

Leon FR TDi... Awesome.
Mar 3, 2013
Suffolk
I personally would love it to return. If it did, it doesnt mean you have to look at the for sale threads.

If I dont like something I dont look at it lol

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
I've been here since the for sale section existed and tbh, apart from these type of threads, I never miss it. All the good stuff is still advertised on many forums or Facebook groups

Same here, sure it was nice having everything under one roof bit stuff was still obtainable. It was win win really - safer SCN and parts were still available if you knew where to look

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I remember the for sale section and miss it. If the parts were sold through the ebay system and all responsibilities were covered by their selling rules then that aspect is covered. Then have the for sale section with a brief description of the item and a link to the ebay site.

I found it useful to find rare parts or seat specific parts more easily.

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
It's all fair and well people saying "how about this" or "that works on other forums"...it's nothing that hasn't been said before. If and when the relevant people come up with a solution that they feel works and causes minimal risk to themselves then it will return.

Until then everyone will just have to wait and be patient. But no doubt there will be yet another new "where is the for sale section" thread tomorrow.

Kambo

Mar 28, 2013
Hants
There is never a perfect solution that causes minimal fuss to everyone, waiting won't help if its not out there

If there was the parts for sale would already be back up, until then ideas (already suggested) will keep coming in whether its lost cause or not

There are other forums that do cater for it so all is not lost

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
It's all fair and well people saying "how about this" or "that works on other forums"...it's nothing that hasn't been said before. If and when the relevant people come up with a solution that they feel works and causes minimal risk to themselves then it will return.

Until then everyone will just have to wait and be patient. But no doubt there will be yet another new "where is the for sale section" thread tomorrow.

^^^This^^^^

ChrisG656

Leon FR TDi... Awesome.
Mar 3, 2013
Suffolk
I think forum for sale threads should be allowed but I do agree it creates a HELL of a lot more work for the mods to keep it under control.

I love the fact that 'most' of the time you get a decent deal with parts that dont often come up on eBay. For example I need a jack cover for one of my skirts but have been unsuccessful due to them not coming up much on eBay.

Has anyone got any other sites where I could find parts? I had a look on other leon forums but no other looked as good as this site.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
rather than having a for sale section, what about a 'swap-shop' section?

any mileage in the idea that 'say';

Site Member A has a front splitter for a MK2 FL Leon & want rid (& would like a boot spoiler)

Site Member B has a boot spoiler for a MK2 FL Leon & wants rid (& would like a front splitter)

so instead of money changing hands, they agree to a deal to swap...

bit like a bartering section if your will, a person posts up what they have & in their post advertising their part(s), they post up what they are after for their car & what they'd be willing to accept in exchange......

technically not selling anything via the site.........merely bringing people togeter with goods to exchange :)

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
rather than having a for sale section, what about a 'swap-shop' section?

any mileage in the idea that 'say';

Site Member A has a front splitter for a MK2 FL Leon & want rid (& would like a boot spoiler)

Site Member B has a boot spoiler for a MK2 FL Leon & wants rid (& would like a front splitter)

so instead of money changing hands, they agree to a deal to swap...

bit like a bartering section if your will, a person posts up what they have & in their post advertising their part(s), they post up what they are after for their car & what they'd be willing to accept in exchange......

technically not selling anything via the site.........merely bringing people togeter with goods to exchange :)

Until member A has a hybrid turbo and member B has a standard turbo, they agree to swap and member A, being the honest member he is, pops his hybrid turbo in the post. Member B signed up because he knows all he needs to do is say he posted the standard turbo and wait for his shiny new hybrid to arrive at no extra cost. With even less legal protection as there's no 3rd party transfer sites of any sort used.

Sorry to burst the bubble but there's really no ideal solution

Kambo

Mar 28, 2013
Hants
If there is an item for sale then its only to be collected not posted, if someone wants to pay beforehand like a gift on paypal then thats there own fault, you pay for the item when you pick it up (or as mentioned above by paypal that has protection) but end of the day you're gonna be there picking it up anyway?

If you want to swap then unless someone else has what you want then tough!

Yes a localised pick up wipes out the rest of the people who live further away but to put it another way - tough!

Its just to start the parts section get off the ground and running smoothly, keeping the transaction and delivery local makes it hassle free for the mods

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Sorry to burst the bubble but there's really no ideal solution[/QUOTE]

There is an ideal solution. The items have to be listed on ebay like a legit normal ebay sale but with a forum section that the forum member can post a description and a link to there ebay listing.

Is this set up open to scammers and people who would post items for sale direct and not through ebay? could this be stopped by some method that only allows posts with ebay in it. No ebay, no post.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
..........And still we get posts every day tryng (very) to sell things , and still get those comments on threads that really dont help, either way.. if you see a rogue *For Sale* thread/post, use the Report Post icon, and it'll be dealt with .

Thank you.

Last edited:

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
..........And still we get posts every day tryng (very) to sell things , and still get those comments on threads that really dont help, either way.. if you see a rogue *For Sale* thread/post, use the Report Post icon, and it'll be dealt with .

Thank you.

You couldn't be referring to my post because that was the last post and was posted three days ago.

What is a rogue for *for sale* post exactly? A bit of a grey area reporting posts. I mean a person could talk about selling their car but not necessarily with the intent of using scn as a medium for doing so.

Am I trying to be antagonistic? Or perhaps I'm merely pointing out the opportunity for someone's post information to be misinterpreted as an unstructured for sale threads could be.:)

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Ok, to clarify, a rogue For Sale post is one that is for PARTS, be it in a running thread ie someone quierying a part then someone pipes up "Ive got one, gimme £300" or whatever OR a THREAD started purely with the INTENT of selling.
IF you are unsure, you could still report, it could be looked at, and f deemed ok, it will stay on open forum, no harm done.
I think what irks more, is when people start commenting on a thread with all sorts of comments and it turns a thread into something that it need'nt be.

:)

Dec 29, 2010
Mids
It would be nice to purchase of members I know and trust of here more so than just searching fleabay, but Its not fair the admin/mods have to pick up the pieces when it goes wrong, has this is what happens when the scammers scam genuine folk,I've always thought the only safe option for this forum to have no come backs and users to start topic were is my part etc is a fleabay find links thread... This way we get the picture of who on here is the safe seller(hopefully the safer seller we can trust) then we buy strictly through fleabay using PayPal..

So eBay finds thread get my safe option vote.... Just a simple Link and a small description which could be the thread post...
Other than that ill find parts on fleabay ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD