Relay rescue

howardtaylor

Feb 25, 2015
hi leon people...

A couple of weeks ago the following stopped working:

• Cigarette lighter
• rear wiper
• front and rear washers

After some investigation turns out a relay has gone, my local garage can't fix it so i took my car to the main dealer, who won't tell me what the relay number is or the location on the board. They only refer to it as the 'X Release Relay' which means nothing to anybody.

After some very questionable customer service and them not really caring about the issue and just trying to make me change my brakes. They won't tell me the 2 or 3 digit number and they don't give out part numbers.

Im certainly not paying them to fix this now! Can anyone shed any light as to what relay controls the faults (apparently 1 relay controls all the above). Sorry for ranting. Its been a long day!

Thanks in advance

howardtaylor

Feb 25, 2015
Relay 468

Hi

It was relay 468, far right under the dash behind the fuses.
Bought a new one and all fixed. Happy days

Good luck

howardtaylor

Feb 25, 2015

My local garage sourced and fitted it for me. As it was in for some other repairs. Sorry i can't help any further? From reading around on this forum, some people get them from Ebay?

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
Afternoon guys, just jumping on this thread(apologies).

So this week my rear wiper, both washers and cig lighter stopped working. Looked on 7zap and worked out the relays that it could be. Got some new relays off amazon and just tried swapping them out.

Went to try the washer and still nothing... anything else to try before I throw my hands in the air?

Cheers,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise