How do you get hard tree sap off your car?

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
I've got like a dollop of tree sap thats landed on my rear quarter..usually i'm out there at least weekly giving it a good clean but i've been seriously busy lately so its been a while. Anyway when i got to it the top of the drop was still gooey & came straight off, unfortunately a small layer has dried completely onto the paintwork & i cant for the life of me get it off, i've tried soaking it....rubbing autoglym shampoo on it, i even tried a bit of t-cut :blink:

Anyone got any ideas? its frigging annoying as its gone white

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
i don't know if i recommend putting wd40 on your paintwork...!

i would get a spinning polishing tool (have no idea what that is called in english but you get my point) and use that with some wax. The high revs of the machine will heat up the sap and make it liquid again...then you might be able to get it off..

again, i wouldn't use wd40...

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
really?

ok would;t have figured that.

to be honest people can use anything they want on their cars, just not sure if i would do it to mine :)

sydoggkdy

Jan 23, 2008
Kirkcaldy!!
ive got turtle wax bug and tar remover! just spray it on it works its magic and you polish it off! and it comes off with a bit work!
i park under a tree, and my roof goes black in about a week! lol

si

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Of course, but I don't think you'd claybar off the dried sap shantybeater describes.

Spot on kindest to your cars paintwork too.

You can get a more aggressive claybar that will hopefully remove the tree sap from the bodywork. Again you have to be careful and make sure that you use plenty of QD. The otheroption is to use some kind of tar remover on the area first and then wash off before claying.
Alex

rye#1

Sep 29, 2008
sunny barnsley
clay bar is the best way to remove tree sap and last touch as a lube after a wash.if a medium grade clay dont work try a more agressive clay bar