Ibiza cupra TDI - whine increased with revs

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Boost level sounded ok previously, but yeah screeching is no good, sounds like bearing play and the blades hitting the housing... 2k rpm is usually peak boost/load.... Have you checked the current boost pressure under load to see if its still 26psi?

I wouldn't hold out much hope TD will help, they will likely come back and blame either overspeed (due to remap), or the usual favourite which is oil starvation

Sime1977

May 19, 2013
Hi, Badger. I have the same problem and have a new MAP sensor, which after 30 miles says I have high boost circuit and although no engine light, it won't go above 2800rpm. It's really quick before, though. Are you able to remap it for a fee- it is revo stage 1 3 years ago and had pipes changed since.

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Hi, Badger. I have the same problem and have a new MAP sensor, which after 30 miles says I have high boost circuit and although no engine light, it won't go above 2800rpm. It's really quick before, though. Are you able to remap it for a fee- it is revo stage 1 3 years ago and had pipes changed since.
What MAP sensor has been fitted?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.