AndrewJB

Guide to updating RNS310 Firmware

Deleted member 74601

Ahh okay, is it not possible to have this install running whilst you're driving somewhere? Obviously starting the engine before inserting the disc?

My update process is also going a little differently. When it had finished, it ejected the disc and displayed 'finish' above the middle dial. I pressed the middle dial, it ate the CD back up again, and said 'Update Process Active Phase 1/3' and then continued to 'Update Process Active Phase 2/3' which is where I'm currently sat now. Did anyone else get this?

I also wanted to confirm if anyone else had tried updating straight to 0357 from 0351 without re-installing 0351 again?

Finally, will these updates reset all of my settings?

Last edited by a moderator:

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Yes the update will flatten stored radio stations and personal settings like the satnav voice volume etc. Before updating my satnav voice volume would always reset back to the bottom level but now it remembers the volume i want.

Deleted member 74601

I've decided to jump from disc 1, to disc 3, missing out disc 2, as I was on 0227 already and Ziggy had no faults with it.

Hopefully it'll go okay! In the middle of it now.

Deleted member 74601

Seems to be working fine here.

Started on 0237, went straight to 0351 then straight to 0357.

I like the new telephone screen

Mac

Dec 13, 2013
TM. RO
www.racingparts.ro
i finished updating to 357 and burned 6cd's with the last version maps V4 2012
V5 are not hacked yet so they dont work

thanks Andrew for the help! :)

probably we could go directly from 351 to 357 , a few have done this and worked

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
When I read the guide, it said something about you have to run that update twice due to it not doing something on the first install.

MSMITH

Hello I have a 2010 cupra R with RNS310 and I have gone into my setup menu and my software version is 0231 has anyone else started with this version or got this version? Any idea which update to use or is it just try them and see? Many thanks

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
For 0231, you have to use different files and then I dont think you can get to 0357, furthest you can get is to 0351

MSMITH

Thanks for the reply Andrew do u have access to these different files or no where I can find them thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members