New Leon Cupra 280 Owner

jtowersj18

Feb 9, 2018
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a white Leon Cupra 280 SC DSG having previously owned a Corsa E VXR. So far I am loving the car it feels a massive step up from the Corsa in terms of power and how refined it is. This is the first time I have owned a DSG car and I am so impressed with the rapid gear changes.

I am looking to modify my car and would love to see/ hear from people on what they have done to theirs to hopefully give me some ideas. So far I am thinking about getting the front lower grille wrapped and the centre resonator removed as the standard exhaust is so quiet!

Long term plans for the car is to get a VWR R600 intake and a stage 1 remap from either REVO or APR.

I look forward to hearing from you guys and joining the SEAT gang for the first time!

Deleted member 103408

Welcome to the best Cupra (yes i am biased as I have the 280).

Welcome to the Site you have a great car and will enjoy it a lot and I have had mine for 4 years now and it still makes me smile.

Things to do to make it better in no order of preference.

1/ Revo Map (I am stage 1 but its going up at some stage this year)

2/ Boot gas struts replacement so you can auto open them, along with Bonnet gas struts (look cool and very helpful when working on the car)

3/ OBD11 Because there is a lot you can turn on to make it an ever better car

4/ Front Splitter, Side Skirts and Rear Defuser (mine still to be fitted) to give the car a more aggresive look.

5/ Wrap to suit your choice of look

6/ New Air intake, love the R600 But if you are after noise then look at the open induction kit they do.

7/ New RS4S Tyres to keep the power down

8/ Engine and Gearbox Mount replacement to stop it moving so much.

9/ Replace the washer to a spray one rather than the jets

10/ Drive the car a lot and enjoy and dont forget to tell insurance company about the mods....

11/ Put some clear wrap on the bonnet and front to protect the paint, the car goes fast and so does the rubbish on the road.

Keep thinking of stuff, Firstly make sure you use shell VPOWER or TESCO High Octane fuel if you want the best out of it.

If you are going to map then I was told Oil Change ever 5k and I have seen that figure a lot on this forum, bottom line extra power needs extra looking after but it will keep the car going for longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

jtowersj18

Feb 9, 2018
Thanks for the reply it is very helpful!

Firstly I have always used Tesco Momentum in my old Corsa VXR and the Cupra will be no different, it is definitely a must for high performance turbocharged cars! :D

My Corsa was stage 1 running 230 bhp, I had the car for 2 years from brand new and it was my first performance car. However the Cupra is a totally different story and I am still shocked at the acceleration every time i put my foot down!:lol:

How did you find going stage 1? Does the car handle the extra power well? I know these cars have a lot of potential for tuning even at stage 1!

Ive seen a few videos with people having the OBD11. What can you modify other than the sound level of the soundactor?

I would love to post pictures of the car, however not too sure how to. Could you please advise how and also it would be great to see some pictures of your car as it sounds like you have done quite a few mods.

Deleted member 103408

Thanks for the reply it is very helpful!

Firstly I have always used Tesco Momentum in my old Corsa VXR and the Cupra will be no different, it is definitely a must for high performance turbocharged cars! :D

My Corsa was stage 1 running 230 bhp, I had the car for 2 years from brand new and it was my first performance car. However the Cupra is a totally different story and I am still shocked at the acceleration every time i put my foot down!

How did you find going stage 1? Does the car handle the extra power well? I know these cars have a lot of potential for tuning even at stage 1!

Ive seen a few videos with people having the OBD11. What can you modify other than the sound level of the soundactor?

I would love to post pictures of the car, however not too sure how to. Could you please advise how and also it would be great to see some pictures of your car as it sounds like you have done quite a few mods.
to post pics via forum you have to have 5 posts and be on 5 days but i think via tapatalk you can post now.

pics of my car use link in my signature.

obd11 or vcds you can change simple stuff like carbon screen or folding mirrors to how the abs works do google search for obd11 proboards http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations and look under coding and adaptions for the5f leon.

revo stage 3 gives 500 bhp which i would love but comes in around 10k. stage 1 is 375bhp and with decent air intake gives you the edge on the road and a bit if noise. with your exaughst mod you will get more. all i would say is if you plan to upgrade to stage 2 get a proper exhaust kit.

keeping power on road you need good rubber and kit that stops the movement of engine and gearbox, lots of stuff on here to help you

Last edited by a moderator:

jtowersj18

Feb 9, 2018
500 bhp in a FWD car seems insane and i'd have to question the ability to put that power down :lol:
I think I would be happy with stage 1 as 370 bhp seems more than enough for me for a daily driver car as it would blow a lot of cars out of the water.

The Cupra already seems in standard form to surprise a lot of higher powered hot hatches on the market right now especially the Focus RS so I cant imagine how a stage 1 car would compare to the likes of an A45 or RS3 in a rolling situation.

I spent many months reading reviews of the Leon Cupra 280 before purchasing and I am not disappointed!

Also I will look into the OBD11 it seems very useful in personalising your car!

Deleted member 103408

it is insane and the 4wd conversions are out as well now. my stock quote about the cupra is wolf in sheep clothing, you have to drive it not it you. also as somebody recently pointed out if and when you get bored its not as big a bill to upgrade as say a merc or bmw v6.

enjoy it they are great fun and they also remove top speed limiter on stage one which is fun at the track

Deleted member 103408

bought some wrap off the web not fitted yet as i moved house but its on the list. did not cost to much to do it myself but i suspect its a couple hundred in a shop just for bonnet

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
bought some wrap off the web not fitted yet as i moved house but its on the list. did not cost to much to do it myself but i suspect its a couple hundred in a shop just for bonnet
Oh ok...

My skills are limited to keyboard and mouse so I'd paying the couple of hundred :)

I'll look at gass boot struts though, as they sound doable.

Cheers mate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

front and rear are very easy to do and only take 5 / 10 minutes

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.