is apx engine code compatible with aeb??

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
AEB uses a 058 block which is totally different, easily identifiable as it uses an external water pump.

058 blocks - fitted to early Audi A4's and Passats, around the years 1996-1999.

APX uses a 06A block, cambelt driven internal water pump.

06a blocks - fitted to all traversely mounted engines.

If your thinking of swapping largeport heads around onto 06a blocks then no problem, the only consideration should be the Largeport heads don't have a SAI port. If your going to the process of a head swap then delete the SAI system and run a catch can.
Also the Largeport heads don't have a VVT Camchain tensioner, you can install one though now problems.

Last edited:

peterdav

Jan 24, 2008
swansea
engine difference,s????

hi and thanks for the replys.
i wanted to know if AEB engine will fit and work in my audi tt??:confused:
can any one help me out? :help:thanks

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
hi and thanks for the replys.
i wanted to know if AEB engine will fit and work in my audi tt??:confused:
can any one help me out? :help:thanks

can i put 01 leon cupra 1800 20vt engine aqx engine in???
will that work?

i need help:cry:

Basically a AEB won't work. It needs to be a 06a block.

Look for AGU, AUQ, AQX, AMK, BAM, etc etc.

As a rule of thumb if the engine comes from a transverse mounted car - Golf mk4, Mk 1 Leon, mk1 Audi TT, Audi S3, then it will physically fit a Audi TT.

There are small differences with the compression ratio's etc with the different engine codes. All the cranks are forged and pistons are forged items (mahle)
The difference are gudgeon pins (wrist pin) size some are 19mm some are 20mm but if your not tuning either would be ok.

The BHP rating of the standard engines i.e 150/180/210/225 isn't set by the engine inside, it's factors like different turbo's intercoolers / mapping etc.

If you not bothered about excessive tuning / and wan't the easiest engine install then i would go with the original engine code, or with a AUQ or similar these 180bhp engines normally fitted with k03s turbos (assuming your replacing a 225bhp version just swap your turbo etc over and bobs your fathers brother :D

You can pick up AUQ engines for as little as £400 on ebay, if you need one in a hurry then they normally on Buy It Nows around the £5-700 mark.

Hope this help.

peterdav

Jan 24, 2008
swansea
turbo differences??

hi again
will my 180 bhp turbo work aswell? off my leon? on the audi? sorry for all the q,marks lol.

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Yeh your right, if your existing setup is a 225bhp car then you will need to keep your existing turbo and inlet manifold.... Basically everything but the engine.

So buy a replacement engine, remove your engine and bolt your existing inlet manifold with injectors complete / turbo inc manifold. Basically everything will fit from your tt engine to the replacement engine.

peterdav

Jan 24, 2008
swansea
thanks for reps
so i need a ko4 turbo,. how mutch do thease roughly sell for? new and second hand?if i can get hold of 1, thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.