Anyone else sick of 50 shades of grey (cars)?

loonymoon

I suddenly noticed a couple of months ago that nearly all cars on the road these days are black, black, grey, black silver white and black.. oh and grey. My own car is silver so it does fall within this but heck I'm bored of seeing 50 shades of grey cars so my next car is going to be a colour.

Looking on SEAT car configurator to see what colours are out there... the only metallic colours are silver, silver, grey, grey, black and white .. oh how exciting. Plus the med blu and emocion red.

Whatever happened to the bright yellows, bright blues etc of a few years ago or even just a choice of a few less bright colours would be nice.

I hope when the new ibiza comes in that a new range of colours will come in with it.

IT was so nice being in Cuba a few weeks ago (yes I was there when Castro died) and seeing a full range of car colours adoring their cars. Some beautiful blues, pinks etc. Not that I want a pink car but I'm bored of monochrome and would like a nice blue or maybe gold/yellow car or even red (which is not normally my car colour choice).

Last edited:

JimmiNai

Nov 29, 2016
Just taken stock of a dynamic grey car, sorry!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steveemacz FR

Dec 23, 2016
Manchester
I've probably had the most exciting colours as my last Seat Ibiza was Lima Green lol.:rofl: and now my current Ibiza is Alor Blue. I do like the Technic Grey, they didn't have it available , it's got Copper tones and suits a Leon Or Ibiza FR very well.

It's ashame they don't make the Lima green model anymore.after Mid 2016

Also wondering what happened to Alor Blue, I noticed that colour option was gone quite recently too.

Last edited:

loonymoon

Yeah. If I was ordering new now I'd probably have to stick with the stock blue as it's just that or the Emocion red (though I'm not a huge red fan and only some cars can pull it off hate to say it but it doesn't appeal to me on the ibiza). There was a bluish silver but I'd have to see it in real life to see if it was enough different from grey/silver for me. Shame.

steveemacz FR

Dec 23, 2016
Manchester
Yeah. If I was ordering new now I'd probably have to stick with the stock blue as it's just that or the Emocion red (though I'm not a huge red fan and only some cars can pull it off hate to say it but it doesn't appeal to me on the ibiza). There was a bluish silver but I'd have to see it in real life to see if it was enough different from grey/silver for me. Shame.

The dealership told me Emocion Red is at no extra cost. But all other metallic colours are the extra £530 .

Mine was new dealership stock at the time. Didn't need to order.

Check if there's some already in stock. there's still some good coloured Ibizas that are 16 reg/66 reg ones.

Last edited:

loonymoon

The dealership told me Emocion Red is at no extra cost. But all other metallic colours are the extra £530 .

Mine was new dealership stock at the time. Didn't need to order.

Check if there's some already in stock. there's still some good coloured Ibizas that are 16 reg/66 reg ones.
When I had a look at the customise option emocion red was an extra +£250? and the metallics +£450 from what I can remember.

I'm not looking to buy now. I'm waiting to see what the new model is like. Nothing actually wrong with my current ibiza, just looking to update before the mileage gets a bit too high.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I work in a Kia showroom, I have to look at dull colours all day, we were going to have a Lima green Leon but the deal on a white ex den was too tempting, although SWMBO still moans about the white car whenever she sees a Lima or Alor coloured car.

An my Honda is grey.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
yeah me too but must confess that I'm guilty of it as my car's silver wanted a power blue there was a few up for sale when I was looking for one but prices were £ 1k more than any other colours &buying used you have to take whatever you can get! :lol:

loonymoon

I've left the SEAT fold, which is a shame as they're good cars and perhaps one day I will come back to the fold. However I had to get this out of my system...... MINI

I know I said I wanted a non -monochrome car, I didn't quite expect to stray this far from normal colours but I'm loving it!! Shame it's so mucky on the roads ATM as it's dulling the shine, she already has a name, "Sunny" lol!

_DSC2753_zpslksfk4xf.jpg

Sorry Guys.... :whistle:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Everyone to their own, having had all the bright colours in my younger days, I am very happy to now go under the radar, and Black cars always look much more classy as well.

loonymoon

I don't think I'd ever have black as they show the dirt too much. Silver would be my "non exotic" colour as I had before ,but I'm happy being a sore thumb for now and some how on a Mini I feel it is more suited lol! The number of people who move over for me on the motorway now is quite ridiculous. I'm not an aggressive driver and certainly don't tailgate though I do like to put my foot down on occasions, but they see me coming and move over lol even beemers and mercs these days, it's great ha ha.

MadCow

Jan 6, 2017
That's why I ordered a Boheme Purple Leon :D I'm a little bit worried as I haven't seen that colour in real life yet but it looks good on pictures and videos.

My parents own a silver Fabia and it's impossible NOT to find an identical one on a parking lot.

steveemacz FR

Dec 23, 2016
Manchester
That's why I ordered a Boheme Purple Leon :D I'm a little bit worried as I haven't seen that colour in real life yet but it looks good on pictures and videos.

My parents own a silver Fabia and it's impossible NOT to find an identical one on a parking lot.

It would be great if the new purple Leon, came with an interior like the Velvet pack option on Ibiza SE models.

I've only just seen the purple Leon on google images, the one they use for Leon ST.

steveemacz FR

Dec 23, 2016
Manchester
absolutely.
the current colour range is very poor. something like 4 versions of grey, plus white and black.

come on boooooorrrrriinnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!

There probably phasing out the colour range, in preparation for the new Ibiza later on this year. That could be one explanation, but it makes sense. I hope more exotic colours return for the new Ibiza.

andycupra

status subject to change
a new car is expensive. it is probably the biggest purchase you will make (other than a house), so there is always the tendency to go for a safe colour, - which is exacerbated by the limited alternative choice having 'brave' colours. such as lime green etc.
not to mention people are more aware than ever that grey colours allow you to get away with less washing..

and if anyone says 'but car manufactures need to plan years ahead for colours' and so can't predict current trends. thats just cr@p if they want to produce a new colour it doesn't take years of planning or testing.
modern manufacturing techniques also handle colour changes in a run better than ever before.

the sad matter of fact is people buying new cars more often than not go for the boring safe colours. manufactures have then over egg'd the range to these.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise