rear springs upside down!?!?

S17EW O

ive recently put my weitech spring and dampner kit on my LCR and rang dpm(my suplier) to confirm which way up i should put my backk springs....they said the serial number goes the right way up which makes sence, so this meant the tighter coils go to the bottom......have had no problems since then but have just noticed on here someone advising the tight coils should go at the top, now im confused, do i need to turn mine around!? will it make it lower :p hehe

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I wouldn't have thought it would make much difference in terms of where the coils are, the more important thing is how the ends sit in the mounts? In which case it would be best to follow the manufacturers guidelines, even if it seems wrong compared to others?

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
I had my front springs all ready to put on the back. It didn't take too long to realise i'd brought the wrong pair out of the house! As for the rear, after much debate (to myself!), i went with the theory that the writing on the spring needs to be facing the right way up, and not upside down! Finger crossed!

S17EW O

hmmm thats like me. wish i hadnt read someone saying the tight coils should be at the top. lol. it feels fine bt its a 2 second job to swap them round if they are wrong really