Test Drive

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
Test Drive and ordered :lol:

Just been today and placed order Gone for the SE Technology as needed the parking sensors As there are no optional extras with any model

so missing out on a few things

They have gone away from the Standard VAG as many extras as you need for any model if you need any extras you have to go to the next model with a big price jump
£500 for test drive and then £1000 from Seat

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Test Drive and ordered :lol:

Just been today and placed order Gone for the SE Technology as needed the parking sensors As there are no optional extras with any model

so missing out on a few things

They have gone away from the Standard VAG as many extras as you need for any model if you need any extras you have to go to the next model with a big price jump
£500 for test drive and then £1000 from Seat

Sounds nice, went had had a look yesterday and they had an SE Technology and Excellence, I did want to see a FR or FR Sport.

Interestingly the week before we went and had a look at the T-Roc as the dealer had a preview car. Looks nice in the flesh slightly longer and wider than the Arona. The Arona has better interior quality though!! As said in reviews and agree totally the hard plastic dash, hard plastic door cards, just make you feel your in a car built to cut costs :D

Looking at the VAG offerings:

Arona - Cheapest, smallest and best equipped above SE Technology especially free metallic paint. Discounts of 2-3K already! Well made and nice design touches. Excellence grill looks a bit garish, much prefer FR grill.

T-Roc - Stylish, practical, but lowest rent interior and a bit bland unless you go bright blue or yellow! Equipment levels are good but price is only just short of the Q2 and weaker residuals.

Q2 - Styling is a bit Marmite, best interior quality, most expensive, need Sport trim for decent spec levels and strangely climate control is optional on all trims less 31K Edition One :confused: On PCP works out the same as a T-Roc with the same deposit.

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Sounds nice, went had had a look yesterday and they had an SE Technology and Excellence, I did want to see a FR or FR Sport.

Interestingly the week before we went and had a look at the T-Roc as the dealer had a preview car. Looks nice in the flesh slightly longer and wider than the Arona. The Arona has better interior quality though!! As said in reviews and agree totally the hard plastic dash, hard plastic door cards, just make you feel your in a car built to cut costs :D

Arona - Cheapest, smallest and best equipped above SE Technology especially free metallic paint. Discounts of 2-3K already! Well made and nice design touches. Excellence grill looks a bit garish, much prefer FR grill.

T-Roc - Stylish, practical, but lowest rent interior and a bit bland unless you go bright blue or yellow! Equipment levels are good but price is only just short of the Q2 and weaker residuals.

Q2 - Styling is a bit Marmite, best interior quality, most expensive, need Sport trim for decent spec levels and strangely climate control is optional on all trims less 31K Edition One :confused: On PCP works out the same as a T-Roc with the same deposit.

That somes it up nicely, although the t roc is still very well equipped.

Alot had been mentioned In the press about the new interesting interior and how it's a step in a new direction. However all vw have done is Nick the golf sv interior added a new touchscreen and painted the trim - seriously, Google it.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
That somes it up nicely, although the t roc is still very well equipped.

Alot had been mentioned In the press about the new interesting interior and how it's a step in a new direction. However all vw have done is Nick the golf sv interior added a new touchscreen and painted the trim - seriously, Google it.

Good skills with the SV interior, it is the same, does that have a soft touch dash as well? I was not that impressed scratchy plastics all over the T-Roc and all rather too bland. Comfortable seats and decent interior space though. AT 40K for a high end model, I would be off to JAG for an E Pace, Disco Sport or even the Q3/X3.

T-Roc still has the S and R-Line trim to be released. Yes, the SE T_roc has everything you need, even Apple Car Ply & Android Auto as standard which helps with Sat Nav not being standard until SEL and I assume R-Line.

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England

Could not have put it better some's it up exactly

As said I was stuck on size so Arona just fits in as Leon is a tight squeeze entering my I have gone for the SE Technology as £1400 seem a lot for the folding mirrors as don't think would get value out of heated seats and not keen on keyless start

HOPE you have all notice alarms don't start till FR

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I think I'm going to go for whatever has the best value for money package with the 1.5

Will be the FR as only that and the Excellence trim can have the 1.5, FR is cheaper than Excellence and IMO looks better inside and out.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Sorry I meant across the whole vw Audi group. I'm leading towards the troc. Although it won't be much different from my leon

gezzamondo

Dec 16, 2014
I'm going to order a SE technology tonight, gutted to miss out on the first edition models from my local deal though.

Anyone else notice that the coffee cup holder beside the driver seat are extremely close to the handbreak? I can see that being a bit of an issue

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Sorry I meant across the whole vw Audi group. I'm leading towards the troc. Although it won't be much different from my leon

T-Roc is nice, we are going for the Q2 now, I was disappointed with the T-Roc interior, felt the Arona was actually better made especially in FR trim and Q2 works out the same on PCP as the T-Roc. Not ordering until June, so will have another look once all the discounts have hit...

We are spoilt for choice just within VAG!!

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
I'm going to order a SE technology tonight, gutted to miss out on the first edition models from my local deal though.

Anyone else notice that the coffee cup holder beside the driver seat are extremely close to the handbreak? I can see that being a bit of an issue

Hi
If you check the Car Configurator it has now accessories that can be added
But still No spare wheel option

Last edited:

olliechambers1

Jan 2, 2018
Lancashire/Berkshire
Hi
If you check the Car Configurator it has now accessories that can be added
But still No spare wheel option

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but just thought I'd chip in.

I ordered myself a 1.5 FR Sport on the 28th December and managed to haggle a free spare wheel as well as about £360 off. Combine that with the £1000 Seat deposit contribution and a £1000 voucher for the "fresh start savings event" and it works out an alright deal for a 1.5.

The spare wheel costs £100 and the dealer I ordered from were happy to throw it in... not so much giving actual money off though!

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
Discounts

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but just thought I'd chip in.

I ordered myself a 1.5 FR Sport on the 28th December and managed to haggle a free spare wheel as well as about £360 off. Combine that with the £1000 Seat deposit contribution and a £1000 voucher for the "fresh start savings event" and it works out an alright deal for a 1.5.

The spare wheel costs £100 and the dealer I ordered from were happy to throw it in... not so much giving actual money off though!

Hi very interested in your post I had the £1000 discount and test drive offer before the voucher for £1000 off came out downloaded it and contacted my dealer HE Said it one or the other and looking at the voucher it says Can not be used with other offers

Also spare wheel is still not listed as a option ?

Last edited:

olliechambers1

Jan 2, 2018
Lancashire/Berkshire
Hi very interested in your post I had the £1000 discount and test drive offer before the voucher for £1000 off came out downloaded it and contacted my dealer HE Said it one or the other and looking at the voucher it says Can not be used with other offers

Also spare wheel is still not listed as a option ?

Yeah, the £1000 voucher cannot be used with the £500 test drive, or another voucher, or scrappage. I originally had a £250 voucher and was going to combine it with the test drive offer to make £750, but then the £1000 came out so there was no need.

The spare wheel still isn't listed on the Seat website but dealers have a full price list of the options if you need to know the ones that aren't on the website, eg: towbar.

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
I will call in again tomorrow and have another word I have had on dealer on Carwow not far away quote me £300 les but I have £250 deposit on mine so need to save more if cancelling I know that the dealers loses £400 from seat he cancels a order so might try the extras tactic
I also seen that the other £1000 on yours in PCP or Finance so they give and then get it back at 4.9%

olliechambers1

Jan 2, 2018
Lancashire/Berkshire
When I ordered mine I went in with a few quotes from CarWow, the dealer just said to me that CarWow is for failing dealerships and they won't match anything from it!

True there is 4.9% on finance but there are very few cars with 0% that don't need a very large deposit, and I can't afford a car outright.

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
When I ordered mine I went in with a few quotes from CarWow, the dealer just said to me that CarWow is for failing dealerships and they won't match anything from it!

True there is 4.9% on finance but there are very few cars with 0% that don't need a very large deposit, and I can't afford a car outright.

Just come Back no spare wheel option so they cant add it but we had a look at demo Car and spare wheel well will take a standard so might go down that route when I have car .Also same as you with the car wow said the could not do anymore

Goodolpete

Jan 22, 2018
I will call in again tomorrow and have another word I have had on dealer on Carwow not far away quote me £300 les but I have £250 deposit on mine so need to save more if cancelling I know that the dealers loses £400 from seat he cancels a order so might try the extras tactic
I also seen that the other £1000 on yours in PCP or Finance so they give and then get it back at 4.9%
Hi.
New member here. Wanted the spare wheel and other features like you.
In the end I bought an Arona Xcellence First Edition ex demo from a
dealer advertising in Auto Express online. 4.5 k on the clock, nearly four
K off the price. Now all I have to do is get a towbar fitted.
PS. Offered a very good deal on an FR, but not enough goodies, and I didn’t
like the false exhaust pipes at the back.
Pete

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.