central locking problem

chris grafton

Hi all
I have a 2001 Y er Seat Leon and have had a problem with the central locking system for the last couple of days. Basically the doors will not unlock. The remote fob works ok as it light up and locks the car when unlocked ok, its just the unlocking of the car that is the main problem. When you press the unlock button on the fob the motors sounld like they are unlocking and the pins move slightly but the cars locking itself back up again. After pressing the unlock button for around a half a dozen times gets the doors unlocked and then the lock fine with the locking button. the use of the key in the door lock will only open the drivers door but again the motors are sounding like they work on the other doors. to get into the boot is a quick pull on the release when initially pressing the unlock button on the remote. Please guys any ideas what I can do?
Many thanks
Chris

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
This has come up a fee times lately - mine wouldn't open before xmas but the lock could be heard to be doing 'something'. A solenoid was replaced, but then Thursday morning (the day after it was in for its 30k serivce, how ironic?) the boot wouldn't open, and hasn't since. Is going in next week now for them to sort it out properly.

While its under warranty I'm certainly not crawling in through the back seats and poking about - they can sort it out and pay for it!

pingu

The penguin
May 27, 2008
Hi Chris. Did you ever resolve your locking issue? I have the same problem and would appreciate your experience. Thanks.

tookes

Sep 11, 2011
same problem here aswell, its doin my head in. only the drivers door opens when pressing the fob twice, tried reseting but still the same.

pingu

The penguin
May 27, 2008
Possible Solution

I discovered that the locking works fine when the passenger door is open, so I'm guessing that the brain ain't sure whether the door is open or closed. Then, wiser, I searched Google and found this post (Passat, but v. similar):

wwwdottaligentxdotcom/passat/maintenance/doorlockmechanism/

Obviously, change the dots for dots.

I think it explains my central locking problem, although I haven't yet redone the soldering, so can't confirm - waiting for a free sunny day.

Hope that helps. Let me know outcome if you get to fix before me...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.