*IMPORTANT* A decline in forum conduct that needs addressing!

Triple D

Oh dear,seems i have really got on the wrong side of somebody :(:givein:

Suppose i should realy oppologise for causing,or for making arguments over srcastic comments, and trying to antagonise the situation.

All the stuff i put in the pm above that Mr Croakey above so kindly posted i feel are true.
Yes we both said things, and yes it was immature.

Sorry people for causing this pain and childish behaviour, seems i have upset a few people.

:givein:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I can't find that rule.

I can find the one on every page saying

"PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED."

Triple D

Ok well fair doos, if you want to ban me then i only have myself to blaim thats all :shrug: Sorry

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
Well I cant say anything as I know more than anyone I was guilty of many of the above..

I was the thread twister , twisted thread twister..(sung to the tune of prodigy's firestarter).

I tried to be entertaining..and failed and everyone knew to avoid my posts if neccessary. But I never ventured into arguments or mud slinging or racism etc..
sure I have some very deep views that I aired in the name of reasoned argument..

However is the problem with the new members txt speak and general lack of respect indicative of a lowering of the age and social status of new members.

When the Leon surfaced in MK 1 form it was a new car only within the reach of the generally young professional conscienceous worker...

now that the cars can be bought from as little as 5k upwards for a Leon Cupra have we now found an insurgance of a different social grouping.

I apologise if that makes me sound snobbish but it isn't meant to be Its just an observation of how the mechanics of forum evolution may be occuring.

croakey

tripleD i wasnt aiming on make a scene with that PM...just making the attitude i was getting public (as i was told this was what i had to do)

end of the day i cant be arsed to argue...lets just drop it and get on with life

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
.......However is the problem with the new members txt speak and general lack of respect indicative of a lowering of the age and social status of new members.

When the Leon surfaced in MK 1 form it was a new car only within the reach of the generally young professional conscienceous worker...

now that the cars can be bought from as little as 5k upwards for a Leon Cupra have we now found an insurgance of a different social grouping.

I apologise if that makes me sound snobbish but it isn't meant to be Its just an observation of how the mechanics of forum evolution may be occuring.

I think there has always been a good proportion of 'blue collar' owners of new Cupras, Mark.

It's the owners of bronze T reg dodgems that worry me. ;)

croakey

lol..i aint no blue collar worker...i'm a student...working is over rated :)

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
tripleD i wasnt aiming on make a scene with that PM...just making the attitude i was getting public (as i was told this was what i had to do)

end of the day i cant be arsed to argue...lets just drop it and get on with life

having had time from my "blue collar job" to look at where this went i can see you still really havent got the hang of this, Zboyd didnt say make it public he said report it to us (the admins), contacting us privately and discussing the PM you received would have been the preferred course of action

Also, contacting Admins via PM and complaining about having your thread deleted is a big no no.

Hope you re read the rules you agreed with upon joining as was suggested and enjoy your stay

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
an ongoing culmination of annoyances.

So we're wrapping them into a 'catch all' situation, and allowing people to read & agree (if they choose) to ensure SCN is kept to the high standards we expect.

Agree, why don't you operate three strikes and your out - soon clear the dross away or improve content?!

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
I'm a relatively new SCN member (18-11-2006).
I ended up here when the "Seat Car Club" forum closed down.
I like this site and anything that makes it better can only help all users.
I hope everything I post is honest, not offensive, reasonable and maybe helps someone.

Here's my take on this.

Seems to me that a lot of people posting in this thread have lost sight of what was said in post #1.
It's about general conduct not specific matters!
You want to complain about something do it in a different thread.
Guy.

Note to ZBOYD. Should have sent #1 as a PM or e-mail to all registered users.
That way everyone has a copy so no excuses for not seeing it! :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Agree, why don't you operate three strikes and your out - soon clear the dross away or improve content?!

there's software built in to allow for 'totting up' of offences, but we've not played with it yet, and don't really want to accidentally ban people (yet)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I'd just operate it like driving license points - but the point is that we shouldn't need to resort to doing this.

If i had one golden piece of advice for anyone on forums it's this, "imagine if you were sat side by side with the person you're replying to, if you'd have been more tactful, polite, less offensive or more diplomatic then you need to think twice before you hit the reply button".

I think everyone should remember that on a medium such as this, you are judged purely on how you present yourself and that's solely down to the quality of your posts and you alone are the person responsible for how you are percieved.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it does operate just like penalty points, you set the # of points per infraction, and a time duration.

it's just hard to fairly apply it.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'm really getting frustrated with the txt spkers now

It ranges from:

2 = to
u = you
cud = could
now = know

I mean, how hard is it to write in english? I mean we've got no end of members who's 1st language isn't english and they put 'you' to shame.

I can't decide on the way forward... should I just edit their posts, or ritually take the piss?

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I can't decide on the way forward... should I just edit their posts, or ritually take the piss?

And how is option two any different from normal? :p You can guess which way I'm leaning towards... ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members