Haynes Manual Ibiza Mk4

pansywhacker

Yes! Mine does not correspond with whats in the manual.

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
Yer it has the fuse layout it matches my fuse layout what years your car mines a 2003

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
just looked a a 2007 fuse box and it looks the same to mine. what do you mean don't correspond? my fuse box lay out is backwards to the fuse card so if the card says its on the left its on the right i hope you get what i mean!

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
can anyone tell me if you alarm system is covered in the Haynes manual wiring diagram. for the ibiz 1.9tdi 2003?

pansywhacker

v1wj8hY.jpg

Heres a picture of mine. As u can see I have a 30A fuse .. apparently this is meant to be for a diesel, mine is a petrol???

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
The normal one covers pretty much everything. It doesn't specifically cover the Cupra but covers the 1.9TDI models. The only mechanical difference (apart from turbo and tune) is a front mount intercooler and bigger front brakes.

Marcorourke

Mar 30, 2015
Could someone clarify, is the Haynes manual descriptive enough and simple enough to comprehend for someone looking to strip the whole engine out of a Facelifted 1.9TDi 130 FR?

I have very little experience with cars! The hardest thing I've done is fitting the Airtec FMIC, and even that proved difficult!

martin0642

Apr 25, 2015
Hi all - (first post so hi!! :) Glad I found this place! )

I've just bought a 2010 1.4 TDi Ecomotive...but can't find any workshop manual that explicitly covers that year.

Does the 02-08 version cover enough for me to do basic stuff? ie: Repairs (but nothing massively complex...I'm not *that* good with cars) and things like removing door panels to access speakers etc.

:)

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hello and welcome!

Using the Mk4 Haynes book on a Mk5 will probably only let you into how Seat etc "do things" - so while the information will not be too good for you, it might give you clues as to how things were done and in some cases still get done. We are now 5 years into the production phase of the Mk5 Ibiza, so if Haynes are going to provide a book they might do soon. Haynes book for VW Polo 9N was first printed in (USA!) in 2007 - the Polo 9N first went on sale early 2002, so were there is interest, 5>6 years after launch seems to be the time. Though in that case, Fabia appeared a year or so earlier and a lot of the Polo 9N book was sourced from Haynes Fabia book. Also I'd expect the previous Ibiza book was lifted from the Fabia > Polo book. Maybe contact Haynes at Sparkford and they will give you an indication if it is on the way.

When I bought a Polo 9N in late 2002, I bought the Fabia book that came out in 2006 to keep me going until the Polo one came along year or so later.

martin0642

Apr 25, 2015
Hello and welcome!

Using the Mk4 Haynes book on a Mk5 will probably only let you into how Seat etc "do things" - so while the information will not be too good for you, it might give you clues as to how things were done and in some cases still get done. We are now 5 years into the production phase of the Mk5 Ibiza, so if Haynes are going to provide a book they might do soon. Haynes book for VW Polo 9N was first printed in (USA!) in 2007 - the Polo 9N first went on sale early 2002, so were there is interest, 5>6 years after launch seems to be the time. Though in that case, Fabia appeared a year or so earlier and a lot of the Polo 9N book was sourced from Haynes Fabia book. Also I'd expect the previous Ibiza book was lifted from the Fabia > Polo book. Maybe contact Haynes at Sparkford and they will give you an indication if it is on the way.

When I bought a Polo 9N in late 2002, I bought the Fabia book that came out in 2006 to keep me going until the Polo one came along year or so later.

Awesome - thank you! After watching a bunch of videos that *broadly* went through some stuff i'm considering......I think I may wait a while before attempting it!

However I've always found having a workshop manual invaluable....but then I guess we don't go to the specilised garages with minor problems do we....

Thank you again

jbattams

Jun 26, 2015
Tyre Pressures

Hmm, bought this and on a breif flick-through noted they had the tyre pressures the wrong way round (e.g. they have 32 at rear and 30 at front)!! Doesn't give me a huge amount of confidence if they're mixing up such basics!! :blink:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.