possible best mod eveeeer

matt-tsi

Matt-TSI
Dec 20, 2009
comes standard on alot of cars. Air freshener's are the best mod EVER!

you gonna give it a shot?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Is a sweet mod, just that you need to tweak the boot locking method with vag-com :(

There has been questions as the whether the struts normally used (from a Fabia) are strong enough for the Leon boot lid, people have used the Octavia struts but they're around £70 IIRC :( but if the kit from that website works, not a bad price, after conversion around £60 plus postage. I think you can get the parts from the dealer for a little more then that.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
I dont kno about vagcom because the boot pops on boot button hold. I doubt it controls how hard it pops with the oem one (spring popper)
Ill try and find part numbers. With the issue of not being strong enough, i suppose you could use one strut oem and one fabia(tbc) one. Also if it wasnt strong enough i dont think it could power the boot open! Works fine on the video anyway!

As far as i know there out of stock until march. Ill have a shot at it i hate opening my boot normally!

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
There's 2 options for the boot lock, when the button is pressed on the key, the boot lock won't release until the handle is depressed, this is the option you need to change so it pops open when the button is held on the key

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
I reckon that your just paying for the springing action on the bump stops. The struts look standard.

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
I have VCDS. I just trying to see if I a source the parts. I' ll try to pop into VW to have a look at the bump stops on a Scirocco.

Last edited:

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
There's 2 options for the boot lock, when the button is pressed on the key, the boot lock won't release until the handle is depressed, this is the option you need to change so it pops open when the button is held on the key

I dont understand mate. Middle button on fob, one press - unlock. Hold - boot pop (needs more ooooomf!)

My boot drops when opened about a 3rd of the way up. Then struts take over

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
The facelift cars must have this enabled then? Can't remember for my old CR170 if it did or not, I know my last Audi did it but my current Cupra just unlocks the lock and then you have to open it yourself.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise