Going to buy a Jetex? Then look here!

IH786

Apr 8, 2004
Birmingham
Thought i should post this up to save my fellow forum members a few quid.

Stumbled across a website that sells the popular Jetex filter way cheaper than Jetex themselves:

http://www.part-box.com/product_info.php?products_id=71113

So that is a just over £40 delivered, same filter from Jetex is just over £60 delivered, a significant saving :)

Now you will notice the filter isn't called a Jetex, but a JR filter.

I ended up going down to Part Box as they are based a mile away from where i work. It is actually owned by Co-ordsport, which was originally Ralliart UK. The bloke down there was telling me that they are having trouble selling these JR filters, saying that no one has heard of them.

Said they have tested them against all the main competitors (K&N etc) and they came out as the best one, pretty much what others have found with the Jetex.

I explained to him that this exact same filter, branded as a Jetex is probably the most popular aftermarket filter in the VAG scene, not to mention other cars too. And that i'm shocked that no one has found out about them before.

It is definitely the same filter as the Jetex, same size, same colour, same reference number (FR 08001), same JR logo on the side, here are a few pics:

IMAG0384.jpg

IMAG0386.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

So if you want to buy yourself a 'Jetex', buy it from these guys and save yourself a bundle!

Reactions: ChrisGTL

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Badger5, and e-parts, on here also sell JR Filters.

Also, I'm not sure that JR, and Jetex are the same products. Can't find anything that would indicate that they are 2 trading names for the same company....... :confused:

Having said that, the JR and Jetex part numbers are the same......

JamJay

California Bound
JR - Jetex Racing I believe. I bought one of these for around £40 delivered direct from Jetex, chrome ended with JR stamped into the metal & called the FC-08001. That was before the rest of you piped up, bought up all the supply and had Jetex thinking they could make an extra £20 a filter from you all due to the demand.

No brainer, buy one from part-box, it's genuine and gives you £20 to spend on fuel for 'testing'.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
JR - Jetex Racing I believe. I bought one of these for around £40 delivered direct from Jetex, chrome ended with JR stamped into the metal & called the FC-08001. That was before the rest of you piped up, bought up all the supply and had Jetex thinking they could make an extra £20 a filter from you all due to the demand.

No brainer, buy one from part-box, it's genuine and gives you £20 to spend on fuel for 'testing'.

I bought one about a fortnight ago, for £37, direct. So they're still doing them at that price.

IH786

Apr 8, 2004
Birmingham

JR are a French company, don't think they have any connection to Jetex themselves:

http://www.jrfilters.com//index.php?lng=en

I don't know for sure, but i am assuming that Jetex are just selling the JR Filters under their own name.

The bloke at parts box said they are the only people in the UK selling the filters as JR, he didn't have a clue who Jetex were :confused:

Strange they sell them for £37 if you ask, but sell them for £60 on their site. How many people are paying full whack for it :whistle:

Not trying to slag off Jetex, just saying its all a bit confusing really.

They are definately 100% the same filter, same size, colour, construction, to the Jetex i had before.

Bill @ Badger 5 sells them as Jetex, but also refers to them as JR. Also he is cheaper than the Jetex website, and is top bloke too :thumbup:

IH786

Apr 8, 2004
Birmingham
So do we agree there identical filters then?

Jetex website clearly shows JR on their filters...

Yeah they are definitely the same filter, i have bought the one i took pics of above from parts box in its JR Box, and a Jetex filter nearly a year ago and they are identical. Except the Jetex website is selling it for nearly £20 more!

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
cool, i'll be ordering one of these methinks.

n00b, here. will i need anything else if i want to fit this to my stock 2001 cupra? remove the lid of the airbox and fit it on the pipe thats already connected to the box? will i be able to fit the lid back on afterwards if the noise pisses me off on long journeys? (i know it kinda defeats the object but it would be cool to have the option)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.