*IMPORTANT* A decline in forum conduct that needs addressing!

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Nice idea but the result would be an endless stream of "Why did it change the words in my post to xxxx?" threads, which we'll all end up making sarcastic replies to, the original poster will get narky and m0rk will be wearing out banning sticks at a rate of one a month.

No reason not to try it, though... :)

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
You could always close posting in the Mk1 Leon/older mark Ibiza folders to users that been registered for less than a year or have less than 1000 posts.

Youngsters (yes I'm sorry but I have to say txt speak is a product of age) are less likely to own MK2 Leons etc so you should not have a problem with posts in those folders.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
for sale section is getting right up my texting nose right now.i seem to spend a few minutes binning ads then just logging off,as much as i love the regulars on this forum,i feel less and less helpful.
case in point someone looking for a roll cage for an ibiza that was so badly typed it was moved to other VAG .just because the poster was ..............................................................sorry can't be assed

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
I sometimes feel *sorry* (not the correct word , but you know what I mean) for you guys.. reading something like this reminds me of the crap mods have to deal with on a daily basis..
rest assured 'some of us' appreciate what your doing
:)

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
It being changed to a "*" by itself just makes the text look funny, perhaps one words that change to a "*" it could be like the ad words and have so pop up saying,

"Either swearing or text speak - either way don't do it again!"

Just my 2p added to the pot :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise