Parts for sale...

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
A yellow card, if you will... a gentle poke in the gentlemens vegetable area with a cattle prod.. not as vicious as an instant ban, but can smart non-the-less.

HTH

:D

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Lord knows people have parts and spares etc. And most users have a need for quick responses to aid repairs and modifications.
'boot badge broke' for example, id like to help, but I dont wanna be sneaky to give him a hand. Or when someone gets new wheels, they must get a flood of PMs of "what are you doing with the old ones :)?". It goes on.

id rather have a safe and designated place rather than keeping low key if I ever needed anything that I KNOW someone is selling and vice versa.

So by not providing users with a for sale section that requires you to read a disclaimer when you veiw it, were 'probably' more at risk by going through backdoor means. I should have checked weather this is even allowed :/ :b

It might have been said, but what about an ebay style account with varified legal info, seller ratings, a SCN account i have no clue how doable that is though. Obviously an ebay link style would be miles easier It would be a big boost to the site, not saying theres anything wrong with it ATM. Im sure someone will pick this post apart also.... :) i wouldnt mind giving a slice of the sale to the site either

Last edited:

Kambo

Mar 28, 2013
Hants
The amount of time the mods are monitoring this topic (and others like it) is probably the same amount of time we do the same and post on it and start others like it to enquire about it

Either way the mods have to work with whatever Parts for sale related topics are here or are being started, so no different if there actually was one... :whistle:

So whats the new plans? whats being looked at?

BTW I've got no parts to sell or buy, I'm here in this topic as I find it hilarious you had one and got rid off to due scammers, if other forums followed that we would all be referring back to the shop window ads to sell stuff, I'm mean its a fourm, everyone you come across is honest, honest :rolleyes:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
In responce to the previous two posts,

There WERE Disclaimers in place, but as this place is owned by guys that ae enthusiastic about the brand , they feel bad when stuff goes awry.. and try to help when people had been ripped off by so called 'sellers'

Yes the Mods DO monitor threads like this. pretty much all threads are scanned at one point or another.

WHEN something is decided, the General populous of the site will be informed and the mods will then monitor the 'sale area' in whatever guise that may be.

:)

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
As ZBOYD stated early on, we have options, we are looking

BUT

we have day jobs, careers, and families that do limit our time to solutionise for your benefit (not ours)

Stop reinventing the wheel, moaning, and be patient - it's not your ass on the line last time I looked

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
To be honest if it rocked the boat id rather go without, tread carefully, the worst case would be to lose the forum

We honour your decisions! Keep up the good work lads :) :) :) :1st:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Hey guys, thanks for re-introducing the parts for sale section, I hope with enough support it won;t have to be brought down!

Just a quick query regarding the whole "no ebay/pistonheads links" thing...would it be ok to link to my items for sale in my own sig? That way it would purely be inter-forum and would save me posting the link in every other thread where I might have something somebody needs.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
the parts for sale section has been reintroduced?? where is it?

really cant understand why it was ever removed anyways even with reading this topic, buyer protects themselves with a payment method like paypal and does not put it as a "gift". seller states where they are and their username on a piece of paper within the item pictures - at no point is there a liability laid on the site, thats like contacting gumtree and saying some chap just came to my door and bought something with fake notes i want you to reimburse me...their site if purely for the purpose of displaying the advert

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
the parts for sale section has been reintroduced?? where is it?

really cant understand why it was ever removed anyways even with reading this topic, buyer protects themselves with a payment method like paypal and does not put it as a "gift". seller states where they are and their username on a piece of paper within the item pictures - at no point is there a liability laid on the site, thats like contacting gumtree and saying some chap just came to my door and bought something with fake notes i want you to reimburse me...their site if purely for the purpose of displaying the advert

So eBay have 'buyer protection' even though they're not liable? The law works completely differently than common sense, even if it went to court the judge/magistrates would have to consider things against written law....ergo, the forum would be culpable as the mediator as liability will be put on them under law as a place for advertisement.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.