What did you and your MK2 do today?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Took winston round the corner for walkies.
Ace drive round the winding mountain rd.

d240d3cf.jpg

7f7abc75.jpg

5dd29db1.jpg

a0638963.jpg

97f042b5.jpg

5ed83506.jpg

Shame about the spluttering with her needing mew coilpacks :(

I think your car is one of the nicest on here Mike :worship:

jackiboy07

mine took me to glasgow at 5am for work then bk down at 2pm, love it on the long straight roads, hated putting the fuel in at £1.39.9:(

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
Took mine to get a new cambelt, water pump, replaced coolant/antifreeze. Shes running sweet, feel as if its quieter and smoother, but must be just imagining it, although they could have tightened the engine mounts. :p

avendit

Jul 27, 2011
Today my FR and I beat the official urban MPG :) 30.2mpg doing the 8 mile round trip to my work and back through Edinburgh. Dull, but didn't get me there any quicker or slower.

Beating the combined shouldn't be impossible (next challenge), but I'm not looking forward to the extra urban challenge as I don't like sitting on a motorway at 50.

We also stared at each other in/out of the window a fair bit. Does that count?

and a few pics cause I hope I can now...
244bhp, 68bhp, 211bhp
panos.jpg

some work from over easter:
P1120150s.JPG

P1120156s.JPG

the products layers on there to get it like that:
P1120169s.JPG

Avendit

Last edited:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Today my FR and I beat the official urban MPG :) 30.2mpg doing the 8 mile round trip to my work and back through Edinburgh. Dull, but didn't get me there any quicker or slower.

Beating the combined shouldn't be impossible (next challenge), but I'm not looking forward to the extra urban challenge as I don't like sitting on a motorway at 50.

We also stared at each other in/out of the window a fair bit. Does that count?

and a few pics cause I hope I can now...
244bhp, 68bhp, 211bhp
panos.jpg

some work from over easter:
P1120150s.JPG

P1120156s.JPG

the products layers on there to get it like that:
P1120169s.JPG

Avendit

Speed blue is so nice :)

avendit

Jul 27, 2011
Today erm Valet pro snow foam and Chemical Guys Citrus wash hyper wash

It was detailed by Nick 'Keano' last week when I was back home. Did a great job!

Mike, what /where from is that front splitter you have? Its lovely :) Did it make any difference to to the car, or is it cosmetic mostly?

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Mate, you ever thought about getting the spoiler for the back of your car?

I bought the spoiler & skirts but decided against them and sold them on. The spoiler does keep crossing my mind though; http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=326152&page=2

Mike, what /where from is that front splitter you have? Its lovely :) Did it make any difference to to the car, or is it cosmetic mostly?

Thanks mate. It's a cup spoiler from Germany. I'll be honest I didn't notice change in terms of handling / aerodynamics. It is quite heavy for what it is though.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I think the spoiler would finish it nicely. Still feel like the skirts are a bit too aftermarket looking for me. May try it when I eventually run out o chassis / power mods to do lol

Thing is though, your car is pretty low anyway, so I don't think the side skirts would be needed. I haven't modified my car at all, been so skint recently since my girlfriend lost her job, but she has got a new one now, so a remap + decent alloys (hate the standard FR 17" ones :cry:) will be on the way soon

You got anything else planned mate?

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Thing is though, your car is pretty low anyway, so I don't think the side skirts would be needed. I haven't modified my car at all, been so skint recently since my girlfriend lost her job, but she has got a new one now, so a remap + decent alloys (hate the standard FR 17" ones :cry:) will be on the way soon

You got anything else planned mate?

Glad things are looking up mate, modding slowed down when I got married lol, more so when we found out tfsi_jnr is on his way!

Plenty more planned!

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Glad things are looking up mate, modding slowed down when I got married lol, more so when we found out tfsi_jnr is on his way!

Plenty more planned!

Congratulations mate! Is it a boy or a girl? Aye things are looking up for once, so I think I'll have to treat meself to a remap. It would be rude not to wouldn't it ;)?

You've got plenty more planned?!? What more can you do after stage 2 lol!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.