Help please??

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
I’ve recently had these 3 lights appear which come on after a mile or so of driving. They are the flat tyre, ABS and traction control symbol. Any ideas for the cause
217df6ec51c44c4ab00b745987f48c42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Evening buddy,

I'm pretty sure that all 3 would link to the abs sensor as the tyre pressure uses the abs sensor to check the wheel rotations etc.

I'd get it plugged into a vcds near you and check the fault.

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Driving - SEAT Leon Mk2 Cupra R 2010
Previous Car - SEAT Leon Mk2 FR 2007

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
I had this when I first got my Leon when it was 5 years old. It was the rear left ABS sensor. I replaced it and it came up again a few months later. Rinse and repeat for a year and I had to replace both rear hubs as the ABS sensor ring was corroded.

With the hubs replaced, I haven't had the lights show up since.

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
Thanks for help. I’m supposing plugging an OBD reader in wouldn’t tell me which one though would it?

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
I'm not sure about all readers but I used Carista and it told me which corner was at fault and it also let me reset it. I also have a basic, cheap VAG reader but I can't remember if it told me where the fault was, I think it did but can't say 100%.

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
I’ve tried a obd reader plugged in whilst in fault but doesn’t even show a fault on it even though it’s on the dash. I’ll have to order a Carista one then and give it a go

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
Carista should do it as that's what I use all the time now for mine and I managed to reset it when it came up in the past.

Thinking back, that was why I got it and ditched the generic code reader.

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
Ordered Carista late last night through amazon. Plugged in today and came up with right rear. Funnily enough I had a new tyre put on that wheel due to puncture just before this all started so could be loose plug if he knocked it

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.