Seat leon fr 2008 loud knocking on acceleration while driving

Lorand02

Feb 9, 2018
So the problem that I have is a big loud knocking (or something) on hard acceleration in first and second gear (seat leon tdi fr550 stage 1) if I drive the car normal no heavy foot there is no knock no bang no nothing, if I start slowly put in second gear and push down the gas hard, the car starts to shake and knocking and sounds like you hit something with a hammer, when I put in third gear it's back to normal smooth. When I start with launch control and esp off feels like is not so bad but knoking still there but goes away quickly. The sound feels like something is slipping and hiting something,could bee the dmf or clutch? I know I have to change the dmf is knocking and I can feel it in the clutch pedal. The knocking sound is really loud and you can feel it in the whole car, the sound comes, I think, from the left side where is the gearbox, but not sure is really loud and big vibration. It drives me crazy. I started to realize this after the remap and in the same day I changed the tires, with the other tires didn't realize nothing becouse the tires where vested and didn't have any grip, on snow it doesn't make any noise no knock no nothing is just slipping at full Rev, the tires are whet grip b or a I don't really remember. Anyone some ideas around here?

Lorand02

Feb 9, 2018
Hi again, I made a test run now , run it around for about 30 min then hit the gas hard and nothing, smooth no knock no nothing, the only difference between morning when I tried it and now is the road, it dried up, could be becouse of the tires on wet surface? But the sound is horrifying like the car is falling apart.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Sounds like wheel hop.

Check the engine mounts, especially the lower one (sometimes referred to as the dog bone mount) and check the front suspension.

Lorand02

Feb 9, 2018
Does mk2 have a dog bone? I can't find anything, just some kind of gearbox mount, and engine mount, I see dog bone only for mk1, for mk2 can't find anything.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.