dump valve problems

higgsy regulato

I was thinking of getting a dump valve for my Seat Leon Cupra 180bhp, I was told that it doesnt sound good and it is pointless:cry:.

Any ideas or suggestions.

true or false:
The valve on the car now leeks and is a common fault with the car.so it is really running at about 155bhp.so when you fit a dump valve the ecu picks it up as a leek and slows the presure of the gas causing a swoosh not whoosh.A seat mechinic said to get round it is to use a powertec st/st induction kit which will echo the sound and change the valve to a recirculating valve getting the closest to a sound you want to here. This should regain the lost break by tricking the ecu. please help

This does not happenen on cupra r.

higgsy regulato

I was thinking of getting a dump valve for my Seat Leon Cupra 180bhp, I was told that it doesnt sound good and it is pointless:cry:.

Any ideas or suggestions.

true or false:
The valve on the car now leeks and is a common fault with the car.so it is really running at about 155bhp.so when you fit a dump valve the ecu picks it up as a leek and slows the presure of the gas causing a swoosh not whoosh.A seat mechinic said to get round it is to use a powertec st/st induction kit which will echo the sound and change the valve to a recirculating valve getting the closest to a sound you want to here. This should regain the lost break by tricking the ecu. please help

This does not happenen on cupra r.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
If you put an atmospheric dump valve on a 20vt it will throw a fault code.

You can hear the diverter valve working much louder by replacing the air filter

Some diverter valves are quite loud, I can't remember what Mike_Ibiza has got but its quite loud, I think its a bailey. Forge tend to be silent.

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
All the 1.8 t variants do not work properly with an atmoshpheric dv, buy a forge 007p and an induction kit. Do a search for whooshy dump valves, it is the most commonly asked question in the world ever.

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
All the 1.8 t variants do not work properly with an atmoshpheric dv, buy a forge 007p and an induction kit. We are not going over this yet again.

Do a search for whooshy dump valves, it is the most commonly asked question in the world ever.

higgsy regulato

cheers for your help. did not do a search.New to the site, i think ill just get a induction kit,4 bar pressure regulator, cat back and a remap.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
You won't need a 4bar pressure regulator unless you are going for a stg 2 remap (which you may as well do if you are getting the cat back too!). The price difference (from a revo point of view, not sure about the others) is small between stg 1 and stg 2.

higgsy regulato

Iam goin for a stage 2 not sure when thou its all money!

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
You could always get a stage 1 remap first when you have the cash for that, then get the 4 bar and exhaust after, then you just need a stg 2 upgrade to your remap. That way you can get lots of extra power quickly without waiting and getting it last.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Yes wastegate chatter meaning the valve is sticking.

The usual woosh noise becomes a suirrely type noise

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
CAN A FORGE 007p FAIL/ PLAY UP? ANY SYMPTONS THAT YOU COULD SPOT?
Forge DVs have a lifetime guarantee, give them a call if you suspect its faulty, their customer service is legendary. They will probably send you a service kit which pretty much replaces everything anyway.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.