AndrewJB

Guide to updating RNS310 Firmware

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
I'm trying to update mine just now and I'm just getting a message saying "Error CD" and it ejects.

Does it need to be a CD-R? I'm using a CD-RW. The version on mine at the moment is 0227 so it should be working...

I don't need to rename the file or anything or does it need to be burned a certain way? I'm just burning using windows, copying to RNS310.img file to disc and burning at 4x speed.

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
Tried burning it to a CD-R at 4x speed, this was as slow as i could burn it. Still no success. Is it something to do with the way I am burning it? It may sound stupid but do I need to change the file extension or name the CD something specific. I take it the headunit should just be able to read the .img file?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
i think you need to actually burn it as an image file rather than drop and burn

Alcohol 120% is a goof programme

steve7786

Apr 27, 2013
Just out of interest what settings do people have for the bass, treble etc, i don;t have the system on loud but it's always good to have a base to work off.

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
i think you need to actually burn it as an image file rather than drop and burn

Alcohol 120% is a goof programme

Got it eventually! It would seem my computer skills are not as good as my mechanical skills haha! I didn't realise than an image file actually contained files within it which is what would be read on the CD, but after some googling I worked it out! Downloaded MagicISO trial version but I can't do the 0357 update because I can't burn more than 300MB with the trial *sigh*

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
I'll try and download Alcohol 120 again, I did try it but ended up with some dodgy malware, in my haste to get it done i must've clicked something I shouldn't have.

On another note does anyone know if the update enables bluetooth audio? My phone menus etc all work now from the head unit but still the bluetooth audio option is there in the menu and still it doesn't seem to work.

ms7

Hy Andrew
Can you accept friend request?I have some questions about RNS 310,I would be very grateful!

ms7

I'm not sure whether I have a version of the RNS 310 or RNS 315, when starting the device it just shows me vw logo ...

ms7

Thats from version...

Part number: 3C0035270

Vw soft. ver. : 0227

System hard. ver. : H15

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise