Replacing fog lamp/bulb in Mk2 Leon

Barton1806

Jul 8, 2013
Blackwood, Gwent
Replaced a fog bulb on my Aerokit mk2 today. Simply undo 6 screws underneath front bumper and you are able to get you hand in there and change them in less than 5mins. :)

Barton1806

Jul 8, 2013
Blackwood, Gwent
As said above. If you remove the 6 screws underneath the front bumper, you can just about get your hand in there and do them without removing anything

kiani666

Dec 21, 2016
Whats part code on btcc front bumper fog light passenger side? Thanks. Help!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dynamik

Nov 24, 2013
I have replace my standard H3 bulbs with a H3 HID kit with fog light settings changed to use as drls

FR200

FR200
Apr 3, 2017
London
I have replace my standard H3 bulbs with a H3 HID kit with fog light settings changed to use as drls
How do you do this, is this with a machine plugged in and changing the settings? Could you help me on how you did this and which bulbs you got? Thx

Leon FR 200

dynamik

Nov 24, 2013
Just buy a half decent h3 hid kit usually around £30-50 anything cheaper won't last as long fit the kit then get vag com to enable

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
Followed this yesterday on both my fogs. Perfect guide! Very handy indeed.

PFL Leon FR stage 1 with a screwed DV.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
The side lights and main beam were a complete ****-fest though!
You need a pair of tentacles to get in there :)
I had similar issues with my 2006 Citroen C4. It is a real pig of a car to work on. The air filter is right at the back of of the engine. Meaning the wiper arms, scuttle panel, turbo breather pipe all have to be disconnected. That's still no guarantee your knuckles will survive unscathed, As for the heater blower resistor. You need fingers the size if twigs just to reach it.
The worst I've heard of recently Is the case of a Kia owner had a blown headlight bulb. He was charged £1000 for the pleasure. Apparently the whole unit is sealed meaning you can't simply change a bulb.
And year after year the situation is getting worse. And that is one of the (unnecessary) reasons for the rise in insurance premiums.

Yet people seem quite happy to put up with the continued over complication, and therefore increased garage bills, of new cars'
It's about time industry bodies called for an end to the practice. For instance. Is there any need for a headlamp unit to be a sealed unit? Or for a consumable item such as an air filter to be hidden at the back of an engine? I can't see any.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members