Leon Tfsi fr. high pressure fuel pump connector problem

Oldlandsam

Sep 16, 2015
Hi, I can’t post links to images yet but basically the circle connector thing at the top of my high pressure fuel pump is cracked, ocastionnaly my epc light comes on and the car has no power until I take the engine cover off and push it back together. Does anyone know if you can just replace the connector? Or the top part of the pump? Or will the whole thing have to be replaced? Thanks

2a1n7867

Jul 25, 2017
for temp fix you can glue it
happened on my car it is caused by the engine cover coming loose and hitting the connector causing it to crack
and will need complete unit replacing as nobody sells the top part seperatly

Oldlandsam

Sep 16, 2015
Yeah my engine cover mount is completely snapped off, I guessed that’s what’s caused it. Got new mounts on the way. Was thinking of glueing it but didn’t know how hot it gets and how the glue would react. Thanks.

2a1n7867

Jul 25, 2017
you can glue it with superglue and i did the same to mine with just superglue and drove it over 100 miles atleast and was running fine but changed the pump to be on the safe side

Oldlandsam

Sep 16, 2015
Just looking at fuel pumps, do you know if I have to get the exact same part number? Mine is 06f127025h but would 06f127025k or d fit for example?

Leericho

Nov 25, 2017
Mine is also cracked, don't think its causing any problems at the moment.
Although it sometimes runs a little rough on idle but the down pipes blown also so that maybe contributing
Ive got the CEL light up too but haven't had a chance to scan the code as im away at work

Ive got a new pump coming, is it easy to swap over the auto tech internals?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.