Ibiza 1.9 tdi sport

Lloydo89

Hi all, first post on these forums, so be nice :)

Just wondered if I could get some more info on the seat Ibiza 1.9 tdi sport.

I'm currently driving an Astra Sri, but need to change to a diesel due to the amount of driving I now do for my job.

Ive always been tempted by seat, and now think I'm finally going to take the plunge :)

Could anybody tell me rough mpg figures for the 1.9 tdi sport model? Also, 0-60...?

Thanks in advance,

Lloyd

Hi all, first post on these forums, so be nice :)

Just wondered if I could get some more info on the seat Ibiza 1.9 tdi sport.

I'm currently driving an Astra Sri, but need to change to a diesel due to the amount of driving I now do for my job.

Ive always been tempted by seat, and now think I'm finally going to take the plunge :)

Could anybody tell me rough mpg figures for the 1.9 tdi sport model? Also, 0-60...?

Thanks in advance,

Lloyd

Hi There,

I have a 1.9 TDI Sport so I will be able to help you out :)
Mine is 130bhp standard but remapped to 164bhp, I get around 35-45MPG around town depending on traffic and about 65MPG on the motorway at 70mph, I have seen over 70MPG at 60mph in 6th Gear.
My 0-60 is a tad over 6 seconds, about 7.2 standard.
Very nice to drive and good for fast-road use ;)

Any other questions feel free to ask!

-

Sam

Lloydo89

Hey thanks for the quick reply.

All sounds good, thanks.

I drive around 400 miles per week, probably 70% of that is motorway, the other 30 around town. So I should be expecting about 50mpg at least?

Dec 3, 2009
6 & 7.2 sound a bit optimistic to me
especially as manufacturer states 9.4 standard
the cupra standard states 7.6

I used to get 52mpg all day long driving how I wanted on my standard FR
& 42mpg out of my remapped sport but the pedal was on the floor most of the time! I had 56mpg on my daily commute when I tried

I think you'd find the ibiza a bit of a step down compared to your Astra, there's barely any sound deadening and the suspension is very harsh

Out of the two I preferred the FR with the shorter gearing as you feel 'on the power' more of the time & if remapped it should help your clutch, although FR suspension is harder than the sport - I've read it's only the springs that are different

6 & 7.2 sound a bit optimistic to me
especially as manufacturer states 9.4 standard
the cupra standard states 7.6

I used to get 52mpg all day long driving how I wanted on my standard FR
& 42mpg out of my remapped sport but the pedal was on the floor most of the time! I had 56mpg on my daily commute when I tried

I think you'd find the ibiza a bit of a step down compared to your Astra, there's barely any sound deadening and the suspension is very harsh

Out of the two I preferred the FR with the shorter gearing as you feel 'on the power' more of the time & if remapped it should help your clutch, although FR suspension is harder than the sport - I've read it's only the springs that are different

Hmm, I'm going to check the standard 0-60, but I have mine on video going it in about 6.2 seconds.

I can't comment on the sound level as I have my boot/rear end fully sound proofed!

Suspension is overly hard for standard, annoying on crappy roads but fine on the motorway, motorway noise is good depending on your tyres....

Oh and suspension is the same on FR and Sport....only the cupra is different.

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
had mine for 4 years, from new.

great motor. 100 bhp.

mixture of town and motorway driving gives me 52 mpg, thats using the turbo alot. NO SMOKE NO POKE !!!!

84,300 miles on the clock.

Last edited:
I think the 0-60 times in the book are not from a "launched" start? Where as, 6 & 7.2 are probably are.
Because I knocked 3.5 seconds off the book when I launched my 1.2, ahaha. (Did it out of curiosity) :p
Or I could be totally wrong, and my car isn't actually a 1.2 underneath? Haha.

I think the Ibiza will be a step down in terms of comfort, styling and toys, but it's definitely more of a "drivers" car, and much more solidly built, IMO. (Bar the suspension, haha)

RyanBurrows19

ive got an 2002 tdi sport, standard 130 mines running 185bhp and i see around 30mpg around town and 50-60ish on the motorway, my 0-60 is 8.1 seconds, great car i love it

Lloydo89

had mine for 4 years, from new.

great motor. 100 bhp.

mixture of town and motorway driving gives me 52 mpg, thats using the turbo alot. NO SMOKE NO POKE !!!!

84,300 miles on the clock.

Is the the sport or FR?

Cheers for all the replies so far, much appreciated

uksteffy

Jul 18, 2011
Bristol
got a ibiza tdi sport 130 lad mapped to 180bhp and 322ft/lbs. on a motorway i can adverage 61mpg and normal driving about town can get 40-45 mate and iv had my 0-60 at 7sec flat.

Last edited:

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
ive got an 2002 tdi sport, standard 130 mines running 185bhp and i see around 30mpg around town and 50-60ish on the motorway, my 0-60 is 8.1 seconds, great car i love it

30mpg around town is very low even if you have a heavy right foot.

I have a similar remapped 2002 spec car as you and 0-60 sounds about right but i get 45mpg-50mpg around town and 65mpg on the motorway.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I've had an astra H and two ibizas (mk4). The astra is a far superior car in terms of comfort, build quality and noise isolation. The ibiza is more fun.

The suspension on the sport IS softer than the fr (i've owned both). The sport is bad and the fr is horrific imo. This is the reason i got rid of my fr - nightmare!

As for performance from the 1.9tdi, they came in 3 power outputs. 100hp, 130hp and 160hp. The 130hp is the best blend of performance and economy, especially after a remap imo. The 160hp has different gear ratios therefore slightly poorer fuel economy. I think the 1.9tdi suits the ibiza very well and is a good engine.

Decent enough car in it's day, but by todays standard, too unrefined (for me).

Willsy33

I bent my Wookie!
Dec 20, 2011
The Shire of Leicester
Totally agree with rf860. If you're looking at getting one for a daily mile cruncher I wouldn't bother personally as they're too unrefined and you'll miss the comfort the Astra provides/gives.

If it were me, I would look at keeping with the Astra's but go for a diesel version and ditch the EGR (and get the manifold checked for cracks!).

The Ibiza is a great little car for nipping around in, but seriously lacks that refinement for long journeys unfortunately.

Dec 3, 2009
Astra 1.9 CDTi
BMW 320d/120d
Seat Leon 1.9TDi FR/2.0 TDi FR
VW Polo
C2 1.6 Hdi VTS

there's a lot of cars in this sector xD
what's your budget

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Astra 1.9 CDTi
BMW 320d/120d
Seat Leon 1.9TDi FR/2.0 TDi FR
VW Polo
C2 1.6 Hdi VTS

there's a lot of cars in this sector xD
what's your budget

I'd discount the astra and c2 if it were me. The 1.9 cdti engine has lots of very expensive common problems and the c2 will be a bit sluggish plus it's a citroen so not the most reliable brand of car.

If your getting a seat, the leon would the best model for commuting i'd say.

Dec 3, 2009
they were just the ones off the top of my head xD

fiesta 1.6 tdci zetec s
fiat grande punto 1.9 multijet
Civic 2.2
clio 1.5 DCi
fabia VRS

there's quite a lot of cars in this sector

but I vote

2005-seat-leon-cupra-r-01-4803

http://www.supercarnews.net/seat/picture/2005-seat-leon-cupra-r-01-4803/
1.9 TDi FR w/cupra R bumpers, comes on late 2005 cars! :)

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.