Turbo problem when starting from cold

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
Altering tolerances,,, :D
I should have that done to mine,,,

Anyway, before remapping the car, do a fault scan and see what the ecu says, it might even not be a remap problem as far as we know now.

Did it began just after remapping? has something happened in the meanwhile [IC jobbies etc]? Deffo do a scan to see what the ecu says.

khampson

had my car to seat today and they said it was a faulty air flow meter, so they have ordered me a new one.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
Yes,,, and could you ask them why the MAF should put the ecu into limp mode??? :censored:

Hope the car is under warranty or they're screwing you from the back,,,
IMHO it absolutely ain't the MAF, so if they're trying to make you pay for it, just send them to :censored:

Can't really understand why every problem with these cars is traced to be the maf,,,

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
just took the car back to the garage that chipped it, iv had the map altered, i think they've increased the tolerances slightly and maybe decreased the fuel at really high revs, so far so good. i had a full stainless exhaust put on a few weeks ago and that might have caused overboosting due to the gases being exited quicker so the turbo spools up faster,

all sorted now tho.

V5TDi

'had my car to seat today and they said it was a faulty air flow meter, so they have ordered me a new one.'

Can I ask if this sorted the problem - I've got the same problem on my Ibiza.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.