Change auto adjust clutch cable to manual?

italian job

ABF MK2 GOLF
Mar 24, 2004
Belper
I have just bought a 97 Ibiza cupra 2.016v as a winter car while i do an ABF engine swap on my mk2 golf.The golf origionally came with an auto adjusting clutch cable that i was able to change to a manual adjusting one off a 1.3 golf,is there an Ibiza with a manual adjusting clutch cable that i can substitute the cable from?

Cheers Paul.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
I'd imagine you'd have to use the 1.3 golf one... Although it may require modifying one end or something. Think all the ibiza's came with auto adjust.

Last edited:

italian job

ABF MK2 GOLF
Mar 24, 2004
Belper
Thanks for the replys,i'll have a look at the golf one,just wondered if it was a common swap as per the older golf.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
sadly not had many swapovers with so many being around already loaded with an ABF butthe standard auto cable isn't too bad considering it's route

more looking into the tdi pedal box and converting it back to hydraulic myself

italian job

ABF MK2 GOLF
Mar 24, 2004
Belper
Cheers i suspect my clutch is foobar'd but thought a quick cable change might solve my problems,will be checking the pedal box for cracks but deep down i know i need to man up and take the box off

Paul.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I've searched quite a lot on this, apparently there is a manual Golf GTi one which fits and a polo 1.6 also however i've never had the cash or the time to order them and see which one i need.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.