LED headlight, help needed! Sparkie?? or anyone..

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
Only thing I am noticing is that some people are flashing me when I only have my dipped lights on, because they think I am on high beam. What position do you have your dipped lights on - I've put mine on 1, on the dash, so they are lowered slightly

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
I’ve not had anyone flash me at all, I would put the lights on the lowest setting and if people are still flashing you you need to adjust them. The main reason I bought led lights over HIDs was because of the glare

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Before I installed the LED's I marked the halogen pattern on a wall just to make sure the LED's weren't too high.
After the installation I've lowered both headlights just an inch on the headlight screw itself.

I've never got flashing from other drivers. Even my girl rides in front of me and don't complain.

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
thats worth knowing :) The dash dial will presumably do the same thing if I set it to its lowest?

Last edited:

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
It only drops it so far, if your still getting flashed you still need to adjust it, you could take it to a garage and get them to properly align your headlights so when mot time comes you know they won’t fail

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
yeah could do that, as its gotta go back to my mechanic to sort leaking door panel, as it didn't leak before he changed the door lock - so obviously didn't seal it properly when he put the panel back on

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I’ve not been flashed at.
At least not while in the car!
Yup. Have them aligned then tea and medals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
OK update time

Main beam and dipped bulbs work a treat

Sidelights not so good
Bought these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Seat-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Worked fine for a few days, and then started flickering, and one or two of the multi bulbs started going out. Checked them both and the holder for the bulb looked like it was getting hot and almost to the point of melting - this is both bulbs. Not good!!!
So I ditched them rather quickly, as I didn't want any electrical fires!

Then I ordered these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-W5W-T1...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
And these work perfectly

So you now know which to avoid, and which to buy

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.