Hurdy's 470bhp Cupra MK3

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
Well the brake upgrade is done.

TTRS calipers, RS3 vented dust shields, RS3 brake ducts, Vagbremtechnic caliper adapters, HEL braided brake lines, GTI Clubsport S discs, OEM pads for road and Brembo fast road/race pads for track and 5mm spacers to clear the calipers from the Team Dynamics 1.2 alloys 18x8” - 5x112 And ET45. Discs are 900 grams a side lighter than OEM and the calipers are a shocking 6.5kg a side lighter. A total saving of over 15kgs on the unsprung and unsprung rotating mass, which makes a huge difference.[B)]
REVO engine and transmission mounts also went in the car, which tightens things up nicely, but does give a little extra NVH.

Last edited:

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
Oh my...that is the exact same brake upgrade I’ve been kicking myself around in doing! Stock calipers are so silly heavy!

Hurdy

Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
So, new year and new targets.

This year my goals are to run a sub 12 second quarter mile with a terminal speed of over 120mph.

Next up is to get to the Nurburgring and knock out a sub 8 minute lap. Booked for 26th October.

100-200kph target is to do a sub 8 second GPS verified run.

It would be great to knock out a GPS target speed maximum of over 180mph too.

This year I’d also like to add a little more show with the go, so some sweet visual tweaks should be added too.

Roll on 2018.

Should be a good one. [B)]

Last edited:

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
Well the brake upgrade is done.

TTRS calipers, RS3 vented dust shields, RS3 brake ducts, Vagbremtechnic caliper adapters, HEL braided brake lines, GTI Clubsport S discs, OEM pads for road and Brembo fast road/race pads for track and 5mm spacers to clear the calipers from the Team Dynamics 1.2 alloys 18x8” - 5x112 And ET45. Discs are 900 grams a side lighter than OEM and the calipers are a shocking 6.5kg a side lighter. A total saving of over 15kgs on the unsprung and unsprung rotating mass, which makes a huge difference.[B)]
REVO engine and transmission mounts also went in the car, which tightens things up nicely, but does give a little extra NVH.

Was it all plug and play Hurdy?

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Absolutely bloomin' crazy! I love it! So when's the next run at the Pod? I'm guessing you're praying for ideal ambient temperature and conditions on the day for that perfect run.

Hurdy

Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
Absolutely bloomin' crazy! I love it! So when's the next run at the Pod? I'm guessing you're praying for ideal ambient temperature and conditions on the day for that perfect run.

I’d settle for a day when I can get there and it isn’t either raining or snowing!
The new surface at the Pod is supposed to be a lot better for fwd launches now.
Hoping for 11’s this year, plus a few trackdays. [B)]

Hurdy

Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
F623631A-D4CB-41C7-A4FE-16B608995D43.jpeg
Roll on RWYB.

billman

Dec 20, 2009
Nice wheel setup and brake setup! Are these team dynamics pro race 1.3 19x8? What ET are they if you dont mind me asking?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise