As a performance guide...

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
My revo'd Cupra tdi Leon..exactly matched a boxster yesterday and even kept up round the succesion of five roundabouts.....however same road coming the other way later I had to admit a late old shape BMW 330d had the legs on mine...

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
It was only a 2.7 boxster not a boxter s....

not bad for a diesel allthough my last revod 20vt cupra did just have the beating of a std boxster..

The guy in the boxser was really trying round the roundabaout but to be fair it was damp and i had four brand new continental sportcontact2's on..:)

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
Almost forgot I went working the other day with a BMW driver..an estate agent who had done many track days corporate and came to my house in a 3 series coupe...there were three of us and not wanting to be squished I suggested I took my car he agreed..and was extremely impressed asking all about the engine....etc

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
cordobabrendy said:
mark mark mark..... you torturing the boxster drivers, theyll be on complaining about us picking on them again...

lol but sadly I could only match it exactly.....if Id got past in a diesel there would have been mass suicides in Stuttgart

Mr Sheerin, where's your sig gone??????

i could always spot your posts by the amount of red on a page!!!!!

I bought a diesel last year based on their performance, (and phenomenal economy) when i got trounced by a Saab 9-5 3.0d. I was in my Mondeo 2.5 24v V6. thought i'd show him what 6 cylinders could do :doh: couldn't even keep up, let alone beat it :thumbd:

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
My local dealer browses here though... Also Mark what insurance increase did you see?

Might wait 3yrs.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
mark sheerin said:
It was only a 2.7 boxster not a boxter s....

The guy in the boxser was really trying round the roundabaout but to be fair it was damp and i had four brand new continental sportcontact2's on..:)

Don't forget his car would have been weighed down by scissors and hair products........... :D

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
A mate bought a 9-5 3.0V6 TiD earlier this year. I found that the trick to overtaking him is to wait until his car's back at the garage again (6 times now in 3 months) for an intermittent loss of power and then nip past while he's shouting at the service manager.

When it works, though, great car :thumbup:

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
mark sheerin said:
My revo'd Cupra tdi Leon..exactly matched a boxster yesterday and even kept up round the succesion of five roundabouts.....however same road coming the other way later I had to admit a late old shape BMW 330d had the legs on mine...
mark shape as in my sig????????

mine's the last spec e46 204 bhp/302lbft (not for long hehehe) would have though your tdi would keep up with mine,maybe beemer was mapped also mate :shrug:

new e90 330d dont mess 231 bhp/ 370lbft standard with lighted engine now also minus 30kg over front axle

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
Vicky M said:
Mr Sheerin, where's your sig gone??????

i could always spot your posts by the amount of red on a page!!!!!

lol I was advised it wasn't work safe....

but I wasn't told wether it was the painted lady or my ugly mug that wasn't work safe..lol

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
vern said:
mark shape as in my sig????????

mine's the last spec e46 204 bhp/302lbft (not for long hehehe) would have though your tdi would keep up with mine,maybe beemer was mapped also mate :shrug:

It wasnt a thrashing just a slow creeping....and not till 3 figs but a creeping closer to me nonetheless..allthough I actually gained round a roundabout..:)
but as I said damp road and all new tyres helped me..:)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.