FREE AURA RADIO CODES! North-West

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Right,

I'm not sure how many people here run the OEM headunit, but it maybe useful to some people on here, that I am offering a decoding service FREE OF CHARGE.

You may notice in the Aura booklet it has the following paragraph...

IMAG0127.jpg

Unfortunately though, this isn't the case with most stealers and they want to charge £20+ as opposed to "without any expense"

Codes cannot be calculated by the stereos serial number, so I can not do it over the net and can only do it if your willing to drop by mine (Cheshire) with the stereo, so I can read the EEPROM.

IMAG0126.jpg

Just drop me a PM and I'll be glad to help.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I don't have a standard unit no more but that is a kind offer for forum peeps :clap:
Maybe should have posted in general other than the MK1 forum :)

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
If only it was a week earlier lol I had mine done last week cost me 6.59p from SEAT so not that bad really had to wait for 30mins tho gave me time to look around he new cupra looks like a standed one apart from the rear

Thats not bad.. even though the handbook says it should be free.. I got quoted £22 I think it was, so I just got a PIC programmer and 8-pin test clip for about £5 :) and worked out how to decode it for myself.

Mods feel free to move this if it'd better suited elsewhere

ijmok

May 30, 2010
Cheltenham
Hi,

Where did you get you Programmer and Clip for £5?

cheepest i can seem to find is

£15 - prgrammer
£12 - Chip

Rob

jamie1

Sep 28, 2010
south east
i maaged to get my radio code for free using only my serial number off an internet forum called digital kahos :)

leons_ leon

BYE BYE GTI
Jan 2, 2010
Norwich
I got mine done for free, i rang up seat customer care and told them what it said in my hand book about it being free and they arraged to get it done for free with my nearest dealer, the dealer was not happy lol:p

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
i maaged to get my radio code for free using only my serial number off an internet forum called digital kahos :)
Just looked and they are saying you need the above reader point us to the thread please
I got mine done for free, i rang up seat customer care and told them what it said in my hand book about it being free and they arraged to get it done for free with my nearest dealer, the dealer was not happy lol:p

:lol: result

jamie1

Sep 28, 2010
south east
Just looked and they are saying you need the above reader point us to the thread please

there wasn't a thread, managed to get talking to someone and they helped me out. dont have a clue how they got my code but they did :)

Last edited:

brunty

I've got a Leon 20VT and my local dealer wanted 60 quid even after I showed him the paragraph shown at the top of the page but I've just come off the phone with a VW dealer and alsong as I bring proof of ownership (V5) they will do it free of charge. Happy days

Robbie Romero

Mar 4, 2008
Hi,

As these are sold old now, it can be cheaper to buy a second hand Seat headunit WITH its unlock code.

Tucks

**Mod Edit*..

Please, at least take a cursory glance at the rules youve obviously just read to agree to follow once joining the forum.. (as a pointer, see JIMMY BIGPANTS )

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Yes I can provide your unlock code. You'll either need to post me your unit along with enough cash for me to post it back to you, or youll need to drop it off with me for a day or so and collect it.

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Late reply here Ronin.. Doesnt matter about whether its the original code or if its been recoded, I can read it. Can also write an empty dump to the chip to permamently remove the code, since nobody bothers nicking OEM stereos anymore

cousinbillybob

SEAT Leon Cupra R Radio Code

Dear All,

I have the standard cassette head unit with my 52 plate cupra and want to put it back in. Unfortunately, the previous keeper lost the code. My local dealer want £25 to get a code, and I was restrained in my response, "No, thanks..!"

My radio number is : SEZ2Z6B1711546

Can anyone help me please..?

Thanks