*IMPORTANT* A decline in forum conduct that needs addressing!

The Cupra Kid

A member since the start!
Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
Just come back off my hols and thought I'd give the site a once over...OMFG!!!!

Admin... TOP WORK and a huge thumbs up :)

I've been a member of this site roughly from its birth when Lee was running it as a passion, and it takes alot of time and effort to keep it running. I've noticed a few nasty comments from various members which are designed to cause tension, we dont need people like is on the site. The site will and has suffered from a small amount of members, and i'm glad Admin has addressed it.

If you don't share a passion/interest in the "product" then find a site to suit your needs, dont bring this "respected" site down to the gutter.

We dont need "my cars better than yours" and get the arse cos someone says otherwise... so what! This site is a totally invaluable source of information with some great memebers, let not let a few bad apples ruin it!

Keep up the good work Admin :)

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yep, it's working well. Accepted the new rules last week just before I went away - didn't expect to be "checking in" while I was away as it became tiresome scrolling through pages of dross whilst on GPRS.

Anyway, the forums seem to have headed back towards the "good old days" of technical detail and people helping people out.

Nice one :D

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
Just logged on for first time after two week hols and I am so glad this has been done, was startin to get realy hacked off with threads that went nowhere and silly bragging! maybe as Leon is gettin older and prices are dropping some slightly younger more err brash types are findin the forum but whatever the cause well done for sortin it!!!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I'd just like to bring this topic to the forefront again. As some people are slipping a little in their conduct and use of the forum. (if you don't know what i refer to, look at the first post of this thread)!!

This a friendly reminder that it is NOT accepted behaviour.

I also feel a few people should curb their comments too, if you don't like something for example, your free to post your opinion of it but don't add an insult or condemnation to the comment.

The bottom line is, think a little, take a little time to gloss over your responses and try and pre-empt any kind of avoidable friction.

If you feel you have been abused, or insulted. Don't take the moderation into your own hands by attacking the other person back.

If you do that, your no better than they are, and you take us out of the equation, we won't protect people who can't help sticking their oar in.

Speech ends.

croakey

hang on though can i just say it appears several members on here have issues regarding the attitude of one particular user...and it would appear moderators will not do anything to kerb the attitude

i came on here to talk to fellow people, and share ideas, so far it seems i'm being labelled the baddie for A) posting my pictures B) returning comment on criticisms, and trying to explain my reasonings, and C) for making it clear sexist, abusive derogatory comments towards my girlfriend are not acceptable

to top it off it appears i have a cyber stalker who is tracking my posts, only to post a childish immature bitchy little comment underneath

sort it out moderators...its your job title :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Firstly its not our job to play nanny state to people (adults) who should know better.

Secondly you gave as good back in that thread, so you fall headlong into exactly why i've posted the above. Take it unto yourself and reap what you sow. Next time bring it to our attention so we can deal with it. (REPORT POST) >>
report.gif

And thirdly no-one is labelling anyone, Im telling EVERYONE including yourself. If it was specifically aimed at you, I would of sent it to you and you alone.

Non of us are going to bang our heads against walls reading through a thread that has decended into a slanging match. Simple answer for us is to close the thread.

Heavy handed maybe, but it works, if people can't be civilised and discuss things in a civilised manner, then you forfeit the thread.

If you don't like the way we run the place, then you know where the log-off is.

When the Admins and Mods are 'paid' to run this place, then you can tell us how to run it. Until that day, im afraid its our way or the highway. Your always welcome to offer comments, but don't demand or tell us how we should deal with this site, we've been at it for a very long time now. ;)

croakey

lol..what a grown up well structured unbiased uninflammatory reply...

If you don't like the way we run the place, then you know where the log-off is.

thanks...nice to know you care

fair enough in future i will use the report tool...but like you said its your way or the highway...and baring in mind several other people have mentioned how much of an attitude a certain member has,they also mention how little or nothing is ever done.

my comment on it all...is stop working around the subject. you know, i know, everyone knows,who it is that is causing tension...can i make a suggestion then (as you said i was allowed to) that maybe something is done about it ??

thank you :)

WW_VRS

Dec 22, 2006
Abingdon OXON, UK
www.unit18.co.uk
I guess I've not spotted some of the threads that are being referred to ;) That said I usually seem to automatically skip those kinda threads or not reply.

You get the same on most car sites every once in a while, I'm a site admin/owner of a non-car site and the moderation needs flare up there too.

From my personal perspective I think this site & briskoda.net where I am a fairly active poster ;) due to my car, are both excellent and have a nice balance between useful & banter posts. May it long stay that way :)

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
my comment on it all...is stop working around the subject. you know, i know, everyone knows,who it is that is causing tension...can i make a suggestion then (as you said i was allowed to) that maybe something is done about it ??

thank you :)

:shrug: I have no idea who or what is going on,

All I know is this forum is superb, helpful, and above all tells the truth, I for one like the difference of opinion, as long as it is done in an adult, grown up way.

Keep it up Admin, lets keep this site Number #1!

:clap:

Mike

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
:shrug: I have no idea who or what is going on,

All I know is this forum is superb, helpful, and above all tells the truth, I for one like the difference of opinion, as long as it is done in an adult, grown up way.

Keep it up Admin, lets keep this site Number #1!

:clap:

Mike

I was going to post a poll asking if everyone was happy with the way this site was run...

Are you happy with the way SeatCupra.net is run?
  • Yes
  • Yes

What do you think. :D (I'm happy)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I wouldn't say its perfect, but name somewhere that is. There are lots of things we would like to do, to make improvements. But these all take time to do.

We all work full-time and have built this place up in our precious free-time. Its a hobby not a career. Some folks need to get that through their heads obviously.

But we know the vast majority of members are good people, and add useful informative content and structure to this forum.

Its a fine balance of moderation, your too heavy handed and your criticised, your not heavy handed enough and your criticised.

We do still have some faith that many of the people here are adult enough to moderate themselves, and we rarely have to get involved. Banning people should be a last resort.

Its easy to just ban people and not actually confront the problem. And the problem isn't always as clear cut as some people think it is.

croakey

i can agree whole heartedly, but i just feel addressing the actual issue itself may in fact be the best option.

its all fair and well saying people should behave like adults, when some quite clearly cant do that there needs to be a system to deal with this!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
From my point of view there is no issue to address, I go back to the fact that, both parties gave as good. Next time come to us sooner, and don't retaliate.

Now its just a 50:50 situation for us, which ultimately means were not spending time fishing out all the bad posts from a thread, its easier to just chuck it in the bin.

Have a gloss over the rules then you will know our policy. Section 3 especially covers much of what I have been outlining.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/faq.php?faq=scn_faqrules_item#faq_scn_rules_mod1

I'm not saying you were not wronged by another party, but I'm not punishing a person when you've waded into them just as hard.

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I was going to post a poll asking if everyone was happy with the way this site was run...

Are you happy with the way SeatCupra.net is run?
  • Yes
  • Yes

What do you think. :D (I'm happy)

I'd actually be interested to know what we could do better (in an open discussion) or at least an idea's thread

croakey

Right, lets get a few things straight shall we

No.1 i anit no kid,
No.2 please, dont flatter yourself, do you really think im that sad to go around, seeing where you have posted just so i can start an argument with you?
No.3 You need to grow up, all this abusive behaviour online? why? seems its not me who thinks he is the little keybard warrior is it?
No4, i have been on here much longer than you, yes people do like me and am better know to people by a different name as apposed to Tripple D so that point is a load of bullshit.
No.5, telling me to keep out of your way? please, you sound like a ****ing kid in a play ground you pathetic moron.

You also need to get a sence of humor whilst your trying to grow up aswell FFS, my comment about the deepdish rims and the steamroller effect was purely a sarcastic one, and yes you bit like a big fish taking the bait.

I suggest you A, grow up, B, chill the **** out, 3, stop acting like a hard man and then maybe people will respect you as much as they do me

hmmm...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise