Location of wiper relay?

medicpaul

Could someone help me located the wiper relay. Its a 2000 Leon tdi, A pic or something would help, many thanks in advance

medicpaul

I'll give that a go, any chance you know which relay in the wiper relay??

hara

Sep 26, 2009
continent
I'll give that a go, any chance you know which relay in the wiper relay??

it will have a 3-digit number printed on it, one of those:

- with rain sensor, with/without headlight washer system (192)
- without rain sensor, with headlight washer system (389)
- without rain sensor, without headlight washer system (377)

medicpaul

Yippee I found it. Took it out and gave it a blast with wd, much better than it was but still a bit temperamental, anyone know the price of a new one or am I better off looking for a second hand one?

medicpaul

Thanks guys you,ve all been really helpful. Trip to the scrappy next week.

hara

Sep 26, 2009
continent
anyone know what happens if you have rain sensors, and replace that relay with one for cars without rain sensors?

as it can be a PITA.

aaah that's what I did - I changed the relay because I find the rain sensor too random and distracting.

I removed relay 192 and put in relay 377 but since I have S3 headlamp washers they stopped working :D

So I fitted relay 389 and I have disabled the rain sensor (the wiper speed is adjusted on the stalk) and I have working headlamp washers. Me happy :]

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
i have a standard relay here. changed it when i fitted the rain sensors. pm me if your interested.

andycupra

status subject to change
aaah that's what I did - I changed the relay because I find the rain sensor too random and distracting.

I removed relay 192 and put in relay 377 but since I have S3 headlamp washers they stopped working :D

So I fitted relay 389 and I have disabled the rain sensor (the wiper speed is adjusted on the stalk) and I have working headlamp washers. Me happy :]

so to clarify for my own sanity, if i remove relay 192 and replace with a 377 is this all i will need to do, or will i also need to deactivate the auto wiper somehow? i presume its a case of unplugging a wire to two? any pointers appreciated :)

i have a standard relay here. changed it when i fitted the rain sensors. pm me if your interested.
maybe.. ill have to see what they cost new, as if reasonable ill do that as once postage is paid for etc there may not be ,uch of a saving. if pricey ill be in touch :)

the alternative which i have wondered about for some time is whether there is some way to adjust the parameters for the auto wiper using vag com or the like. As it does work, ints just too sensitive even on the lowest setting resulting in wiping to often.

Last edited:

hara

Sep 26, 2009
continent
so to clarify for my own sanity, if i remove relay 192 and replace with a 377 is this all i will need to do, or will i also need to deactivate the auto wiper somehow? i presume its a case of unplugging a wire to two? any pointers appreciated :)

you just have to swap the relays, that's all :)

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Hey guys,

Bit confused here. I'm trying to get a relay for my REAR wiper from a breaker.

which relay number am I asking for?

Fuse is fine, pipe is on and motor is fine so must be relay.

Thanksssss

Last edited:

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Called Seat in Alexandra Parade and asked how much for the rear wiper relay

got put on hold for 5mins....

The guy said - we don't know which one it is the systems not telling me anything but your looking at about £11.

Thanks a lot for your help SEAT.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise