camber adjustment

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
yea it the front that is causing the problems is it cause i have lowerd my vehicle?

I thought camber shims were only any good on the back where the stub axle mounts to the beam using a flat flange ?

Three options for the front that i am aware of are :

CUPRA wishbones are slightly shorter to correct the camber of a lower ride height as standard.

You can slot the three holes in the outside of the wishbone to bring the wheels in and correct the camber.

You may be able to find eccentric or adjustable top mounts to correct camber

Last edited:

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
looked into this, only way I could think of this is to make up some new shorter bottom arms, one off's
BUT
unless your a fabricator or got wads of dough, this is gonna be expensive.
I also thought that to alter the camber via the bottom it would make to drive shaft too long as the
pulling in of the bottom of the strut WILL shorten the shaft.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Altering the position of the lower ball joint also alters your castor angle.

Top mounts is the best way forward, expensive though.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

How ? - If all you do is move the ball joint in towards the chassis by slotting the wishbone holes - the castor will remain the same.

I agree that if the ball joint moves forwards or backwards you will change the castor.

The same is true with eccentric top mounts - they change camber and castor at the same time.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Last edited:

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland

Top mounts is the best way forward, expensive though.

Instead of wating money on top mounts, you can adjut the holes in the strut tower.

Mine had the holes slotted, camber adjusted to where it needed, then a washer welded to the strut tower in the correct position

knackerdecobre

have you gt any pictures? them top mounts look well over priced for what they do!!!

Not really as they aren't really designed for people using them on road to set them up once and leave it. If you are doing lots of track days or entering a race series they are very good

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Not really as they aren't really designed for people using them on road to set them up once and leave it. If you are doing lots of track days or entering a race series they are very good

Can you explain why people doing lots of track days or a race series would need to adjust camber more often than someone in a road car?

knackerdecobre

As you change the suspension geometry to suit the track/conditions. for example a high speed flowing track would require different camber settings to a tight twisty one

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Having just the same issues mate. Tyres have just lasted me 5500 and now need changing! Right piss take!

Think Laser allignment and cupra bushes will help, although fitting on the bushes can be around £150/£200... Cheaper to buy tyres lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise