Electric door mirrors problems

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
I've had my car for one week - loving it, but I've already had a few issues with the electric door mirrors.

Sometimes when I unlock the car and start the engine, the door mirrors stay folded in instead of folding out when you start the car. After about half a minute of playing with the mirror adjuster in the car they eventually fold out, but every time it does it I'm worried that will be the time they don't fold out! This has happened about 5 or 6 times so far.

This morning for the first time, the opposite happened. I locked the car and the mirrors didn't fold in. So I unlocked and locked again a couple of times and it eventually did it.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Last edited:

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Strange...... I experienced this today aswell, only a few hours ago infact! I folded my mirrors in while sat in the car, got out and locked the car. Came back to the car, unlocked and the mirrors were still folded. Turned the switch to unfold them, started the car and they wouldn't unfold. Had to fiddle with switch a couple of times to open back up... unless I was just doing it wrong. :blink:

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I've had my car for one week - loving it, but I've already had a few issues with the electric door mirrors.

Sometimes when I unlock the car and start the engine, the door mirrors stay folded in instead of folding out when you start the car. After about half a minute of playing with the mirror adjuster in the car they eventually fold out, but every time it does it I'm worried that will be the time they don't fold out! This has happened about 5 or 6 times so far.

This morning for the first time, the opposite happened. I locked the car and the mirrors didn't fold in. So I unlocked and locked again a couple of times and it eventually did it.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Read this post a few hours ago and literally an hour later had the same problem. Just switched the mirro knob back and it was fine.

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
Wow - really strange that a handfull of us have experienced this! On the one hand I’m glad it’s not just me! What you described Rowan83 is exactly what’s happened with me. Each time one fiddled with the switch and eventually they move back.

The weird thing is there doesn’t seem to be a pattern to it - 80% of the time it works fine, but it is happening randomly around 20% of the time.

I’m tempted to get in touch with the dealer and see if they can/will do anything. I think I’m right in saying that all of our cars are only a week old, so surely it’s not an issue with the motors in the electric mirrors? Maybe it’s a coding issue that needs updating?

Has anyone contacted their dealer about it?

Last edited:

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Not contacted my dealership about this yet... going to see if and when it happens again.

Anyone having issues with the blowers?

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
I've not had any issue with the blowers in mine. What problems are you having?

When I picked up the car I did notice that start/stop wasn't working for the first couple of trips - having looked it up it seemed to be down to the car having a low battery, so maybe that's related to the wing mirror issues? I haven't been on any particularly huge journeys, usually about 20 miles a day, 10 miles each way for my commute. I'll be driving to my parents this weekend though so hopefully that longer journey will help to give the battery a bit more charge if it needs it.

Also ironically since I posted this thread my mirrors have been fine, but I'm not convinced the problem has gone away - especially as you guys have had the same issue

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
I've not had any issue with the blowers in mine. What problems are you having?

When I picked up the car I did notice that start/stop wasn't working for the first couple of trips - having looked it up it seemed to be down to the car having a low battery, so maybe that's related to the wing mirror issues? I haven't been on any particularly huge journeys, usually about 20 miles a day, 10 miles each way for my commute. I'll be driving to my parents this weekend though so hopefully that longer journey will help to give the battery a bit more charge if it needs it.

Also ironically since I posted this thread my mirrors have been fine, but I'm not convinced the problem has gone away - especially as you guys have had the same issue
There are quite a few factors which affect Start / Stop operation. The engine won't switch off in the following situations:

- The engine has yet to reach minimum required operating temperature.
- The interior temperature set on AC has not yet been reached.
- Defrost function is activated
- The battery is low.
- The car is on a very steep gradient.

There a few others listed in the manual as well.

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
There are quite a few factors which affect Start / Stop operation. The engine won't switch off in the following situations:

- The engine has yet to reach minimum required operating temperature.
- The interior temperature set on AC has not yet been reached.
- Defrost function is activated
- The battery is low.
- The car is on a very steep gradient.

There a few others listed in the manual as well.

Cheers, yeah I did have a flick through the manual and saw those - In fairness it could also have been down to the cold weather, I mean it was freezing last week!

Either way start/stop and the rest of the car has been flawless from the second day onwards, so it's not an issue. The mirror thing has been ongoing though.

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
Cheers, yeah I did have a flick through the manual and saw those - In fairness it could also have been down to the cold weather, I mean it was freezing last week!

Either way start/stop and the rest of the car has been flawless from the second day onwards, so it's not an issue. The mirror thing has been ongoing though.
Will keep any eye out for the issue with the mirrors on mine as well.

For now I'm mostly concerned about my completely broken infotainment system...

Last edited:

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
Will keep any eye out for the issue with the mirrors on mine as well.

For now I'm mostly concerned about my completely broken infotainment system...

Yeah I saw the thread - at the moment mine has been fine, but you've got to wonder if the mirrors/infotainment system errors some people are experiencing are related or down to coding issues.

Did the dealer get back to you about the infotainment system with any explaination?

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
Yeah I saw the thread - at the moment mine has been fine, but you've got to wonder if the mirrors/infotainment system errors some people are experiencing are related or down to coding issues.

Did the dealer get back to you about the infotainment system with any explaination?
They've come back to me and said they haven't seen my issue before. They're not going to bring it in until they've consulted with SEAT. Expecting another callback later today with an update.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Wife’s car has same issue sometimes won’t unfold and needs much tweaking the mirror switch to get them to unfold, they have also folded randomly while driving, think it was worse during the cold weather. May raise with dealer also but as not consistent I don’t think them having it for a day would help.

Last edited:

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
I thought it might have fixed itself because it hadn’t done it for me since I created this thread! But sure enough it did it again yesterday. I think I might take a video every time I get into the car, and when it happens again I’ll send it to the dealer to see what they say. It does look like this is a fairly common issue so maybe they’re aware of it.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Wife’s car still having intermittent mirrors issues has anyone heard from their dealer on this. Was going to try a different key to see if this makes a difference

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
Wife’s car still having intermittent mirrors issues has anyone heard from their dealer on this. Was going to try a different key to see if this makes a difference

I emailed my dealer yesterday with a video of the problem, and he's come back to me this morning to say that they haven’t heard of the problem before, so he has forwarded my email to SEAT management.

Would probably be a good idea for everyone to drop their dealer a line on this, as I'd guess that the more cases reported the quicker/more likely a fix will be found!

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
If you have kessy is the only way to fold the mirrors in using the button on the key? Presumably you can’t do it automatically when you touch the handle to lock?

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
If you have kessy is the only way to fold the mirrors in using the button on the key? Presumably you can’t do it automatically when you touch the handle to lock?

You can fold them in by holding the door for a few seconds - you don’t need to use the key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljrw94

Jan 22, 2018
Been having the same issue with mine and have booked it in to get looked at. Unfortunately not until the 27th though.

Has anyone had any update from SEAT at all?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.