Stop start and battery issues 1.2

Markfto

Mar 11, 2016
:confused:hi I have a seat toledo 2016, 1.2 style advanced petrol owned since April.
I have noticed since it’s got colder and heaters gone on that the start stop doesn’t work. Realise pressure on battery etc but even on longer journeys, I only do 3 mile commute it’s not working when engines up to temp?
Then in last week car has been struggling to start like battery struggling, it started ok in snow before, surely having lights heater on each morning in a modern car shouldn’t cause battery too drain? Turned off heater radio today on a 3 mile journey and it then started straight away whereas it struggled first thing. I thought it had braking recovery energy too which surely should give extra energy to battery?
Is the battery really that bad on these that it can’t handle lights , radio and heater commute for short journeys?
Anyone else having issues or is it just me, will get it booked in to check but will be annoyed if told new battery on a 2 year old car with 12k miles...:censored:

Toledo TSI

Sep 20, 2017
:confused:hi I have a seat toledo 2016, 1.2 style advanced petrol owned since April.
I have noticed since it’s got colder and heaters gone on that the start stop doesn’t work. Realise pressure on battery etc but even on longer journeys, I only do 3 mile commute it’s not working when engines up to temp?
Then in last week car has been struggling to start like battery struggling, it started ok in snow before, surely having lights heater on each morning in a modern car shouldn’t cause battery too drain? Turned off heater radio today on a 3 mile journey and it then started straight away whereas it struggled first thing. I thought it had braking recovery energy too which surely should give extra energy to battery?
Is the battery really that bad on these that it can’t handle lights , radio and heater commute for short journeys?
Anyone else having issues or is it just me, will get it booked in to check but will be annoyed if told new battery on a 2 year old car with 12k miles...:censored:

My stop/start doesn't work if the heater fan is on even at the lowest speed, I will have to look at the car manual and see what it says.

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Have a look at a Skoda Rapid manual. More details than a Toledo one. The "climate to screen" gotcha was revealed by the Skoda version of the manual.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.