Payment for new Car.

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
Part payment via credit card at JCT600. Can they / do they refuse payment via credit card. I know some dealers say a maximum of £1000 per transaction but will they let you do several transactions ?

Any harm in putting say e.g 5k via credit card a month or so before getting the car ?

Reason being some 0% rates on credit cards have to be within 60 days of opening the card (as an example)

Delta3D

Jul 8, 2017
Durham, UK
I used Credit Card for part payment at an official SEAT Garage, they let me pay £4000 of the cost providing I was happy to pay the credit card fee. There's no fee anymore so should let you?

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
No retailer is obligated to accept credit cards. Since January 13th this year they are not allowed to pass on the charges they incur for processing card payments (usually a percentage of the payment) so most will just refuse to accept them.

Pstpstheycharli

Apr 1, 2018
Part payment via credit card at JCT600. Can they / do they refuse payment via credit card. I know some dealers say a maximum of £1000 per transaction but will they let you do several transactions ?

Any harm in putting say e.g 5k via credit card a month or so before getting the car ?

Reason being some 0% rates on credit cards have to be within 60 days of opening the card (as an example)

We have a cap of £5000 for a purchase on credit cards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.