Yet another Bluetooth Question

mrabz

Mar 1, 2018
Hi All,

Another brother from the Skoda camp just jumped ship back to Leon FR ownership from a clapped out mk1 vrs!

Just picked the car up the other day and for the life of me I cannot get bluetooth working. I've used all my google-fu and still cannot get my phone paired. Most threads I've viewed here state that if you have the large MFD you have bluetooth, you can't have the large MFD without bluetooth.

It is the mk2 FL, 2010 reg, with the large maxidot MFD but no option for bluetooth in the media menu on the headunit. I also saw to look under the drivers seat so I dug under the driver's seat and there was a cut out near the sill side with 2 looms connected - one yellow and one blue connector.

Its the non-nav headunit, if that matters, the red led style.

There is no option for Telephone in the MFD, but get the convenience/winter tyre etc options on the display.

Any suggestions?

ray

Jan 7, 2016
It probably doesn’t have Bluetooth, mine has everything you’ve mentioned above but no Bluetooth module. It was an optional extra that the first owner never wanted.

Sorry to disappoint you, I also felt the same pain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrabz

Mar 1, 2018
Shame, I saw several threads stating you have bluetooth if you have the large MFD, as they were both under the convenience pack and couldn't individually be optioned from the dealer.

Looks like I'll be following the retrofit guide then, thanks!

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Yeah mine is the same MFD, I think all the FRs came with that anyway (or all the facelifts possibly) I considered it but it’s not a massive necessity for me.

Should be fairly simple though, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Yeah all the facelift models come with the large MFD regardless of other equipment.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members