New Milltek causing flapping sound

Jamss

Mar 8, 2018
Hi, I just had a new Milltek cat-back fitted to my Cupra today and it sounds great, but there is a really weird noise coming from the boot.

Looking closer at it, there's some rubber flaps that look like vents in the tyre well which flap like crazy at certain revs, almost like air blowing through them..

Does anyone know what these flaps are for, and could I just tape them up to stop the noise, or is this something that shouldn't be ignored?

Any advice is much appreciated,

Thanks.

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
The allow air and condensation to be expelled from the car. If you have the blowers on for heating or AC, the air in the cabin has to be expelled from the cabin as the fans supply it and it is out these vents that the air goes. It means that the fresh air has to travel throughout the entire inside of the car before being expelled.

If you tape these up, you risk causing dampness inside the car along with decreased cabin blower efficiency.

Jamss

Mar 8, 2018
Thanks for the information.

So I can't tape them up, do you think it would be okay to remove the rubber flaps? The vent will still be there, but it just will no longer be covered by the flaps?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.