What seats will fit?

James 1.8 fr

May 6, 2016
Hi all can't find anything on this site or google I have a pre facelift Ibiza fr mk 4 anyway can you fit facelift seats in a pre facelift just talking about the front seats thanks

hubbly_bubbly

[center][img]http://i374.
Aug 18, 2008
Johannesburg, South Africa
Interesting thread.

Here is my seat install

2013 Focus ST3 Seats before:

DDanPyY.jpg

Drivers seat was torn due to popped airbag, so the top covers were removed to be repaired and relabeled

ztTXy8q.jpg

UH3s1Hh.jpg

The fitment in the Ford is pretty strange with brackets coming off the rails in all sorts of directions. I cut them off and measured up the standard rails to make adapter plates for fitment into the VAG.

Adapter plates being cut:

KcrKJRcm.jpg

Test fit in the car with passenger seat removed

b631HcEl.jpg

Test fit on the rails (brackets had already been removed)

g28Ldwwl.jpg

There was alot of back and forward to get the adapters fitting as required

GxriA1Xl.jpg

Redressed the seats with the new FR logos (my aunt did the work for me and they came out perfectly)

yx05LlFl.jpg

Final fitment

zIaH8itl.jpg

KeleWlWl.jpg

#FRecaroSelfie

UrxZQ7wl.jpg

Being electric I had planned to hook up the power for the seat adjusters to the ciggie lighter. Turns out those wires in my car are dead (not a fuse issue as far as I could work out). Ill find an alternate power source to make the connection as currently I have a small battery under the seats for the adjustments :rofl: I will also research the heaters and how to connect them correctly (winter and leather seats dont mix).

As for the comparison to the stock seats, these are just spectacular. They are comfortable but hold you firmly in place.

leo5566

May 24, 2017
Wow those ST seats look amazing

i put FR seats from a 2015 seat ibiza on my 6L. straight swap, look nice! i will upload pic later

also i have a FR steering wheel from mk1 leon

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.