Please Help!

HedgeJumper

Come on guys, can anyone tell me where the internal fuse box is, someone must know.

The manual states that its next to the steering wheel, when you remove the cover, there are only relays, NO FUSES!

This is daft, there has to be a fuse box, but I cannot find it.

Cheers,

John

HedgeJumper

Hi,

I have a genuine problem, none of the interior lights work, in the front, the back, under the sun visors, or the boot.

I am an electronice engineer, and have fitted many alarms, stereos, immobilisers etc. It is daft, I cannot find it. It does not appear to be where the manual states it is.

Cheers,

John

HedgeJumper

Cheers Tam,

that's a fair point, and I am in the process of doing, although I really hate taking it back to this dealer as they always seem to add free of charge damage to my car eveytime they look at it.

I would like to know where the fuse box is though, for future reference if things go pear shaped with the electrics, then I can just pop in a spare.

Thanks,

John

Mfreeman

Hi, sorry about the quality of these photos, just taken on the mobile and in direct sunlight!

Interior fuse box location is shown below, open drivers door

IMAGE_024.jpg

then remove this side panel....

IMAGE_025.jpg

Hope that helps.

HedgeJumper

Hi,

thanks so much for that. Thats great, I did consider pulling at that bit of trim, but as it did not show it in the manual, I decided not to. The last thing I wanted to do with a new car is start breaking bits of trim.

Cheers,

John

Traction

Nov 4, 2011
Sorry for digging up this old topic.

But thank goodness that this topic existed, because the manual makes no mention whatsoever of this location!
This is probably a really obvious question but is there an easy way to open the fuse box cover.
I'm afraid to try and prise it open with a screwdriver because there are already several scratches and dents on the panels from somebody's earlier attempts.

The panel under the steering wheel is easy to remove because you can actually hold onto the bottom of it and pull it out.

Traction

Nov 4, 2011
d'oh, never mind.
I opened the panel under the steering wheel and then got somebody with girly hands to push out the panel from below.
Then I was able to hold the panel and pull it off.

Not the easiest

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.