Votex

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Leon » Leon Mk2

Leon Mk2 For all topics relating to the Mk2 Leon

Old 09-12-2009, 11:08   #1
ZBOYD
SCN Admin

ZBOYD has 40 points
Forge Motorsport PCV Fix and Washer Bottle

Yesterday in an early evening fitting session which included my ITG intake we also fitted Forge Motorsport's PCV fix, catch can kit which also includes a tidy window wash reservoir filler bottle.

Now I did until yesterday have a BSH kit fitted that I kind of jumped on the group buy bandwagon with earlier this year lie everyone else. But I was disappointed with the quality of this kit, it wasn't manufactured to the highest levels in my opinion came with parts missing and poor instructions. Though it was doing its job, it just looked a little heath robinson to me.

Anyway I spoke to Forge and got their new kit sent to me this week, which I have to say is a little more pricey in comparison but you really do get what you pay for. The engineering is superb as you would expect from Forge, everything fits perfectly with properly machined metal pipe connects and top quality silicone pipes.

The catch can itself is twice the size of the BSH yet its fitting point has been researched properly and alongside the washer bottle reservoir that is part of the fitment process it looks like it belongs on the car, practically OEM in appearance. The catch can has a nice little level pipe so you can see how empty or full the can is, so no guessing when its time to empty it.

The washer bottle didn't come with instructions at this point, but it was easy enough to work out how it fits together. The cars stock washer filler and concertina necked pipe need to be removed, not a difficult process. This is necessary to fit the larger catch can, but its been well thought out to fit in an OEM position and I'd rather lose the OEM pipe and bottle to fit it properly rather than tagging it onto the front wing like the BSH. The pipe is replaced with a nice silicone hose and the Forge washer bottle is a lovely metal one with screw cap top.

I'm now running with a full intake again and have had to remove the engine cover, the Forge kit looks the business and I wouldn't feel the need to hide it away. Not sure if the kit will fit with the engine cover in place though, I couldn't test this as we'd already fitted the ITG so no way the engine cover would go back anyway. Based on the pipe connects on the PCV cover plate being straight out rather than angled they may foul on the engine cover.

I took a few pics last night, but it was with my little compact under artificial lighting so not the best. I will take more this weekend with my Canon SLR in daylight.

Thanks Forge top product.

ZBOYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:17   #2
Cupra R

Cupra R has 10 points
Be better to see it for real on Saturday m8
Cupra R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:19   #3
ZBOYD
SCN Admin

ZBOYD has 40 points
Yep feel free, I'll be taking my Canon with me anyway, so I'll take some better images then. Anyone else that wants a look on Saturday feel free to give me a tap on the shoulder and I'll pop the bonnet.

Old 09-12-2009, 13:39   #4
ForgeMotorsport

ForgeMotorsport has 10 points
looking good , thanks for the review
ForgeMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 18:17   #5
Tfsi_Mike

Tfsi_Mike has 10 points
Forge pcv next on the list great review mark

My Progress thread WANTED CUPRA AUTO DIMMING MIRROR
Tfsi_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 18:31   #6
lesinge2k

lesinge2k has 10 points
I was debating whether to get one of these or not.

Are they really necessary? Aren't the VAG engines pretty reliable without this mod carried out, or do a lot fail early in life due to the oil getting onto the inlet valves?
Old 17-04-2010, 23:34   #7
Whiteatom

Whiteatom has 10 points
Re: Forge Motorsport PCV Fix and Washer Bottle

Just to note there is a number of versions of this kit, if you have adaptive xenon lights make sure you tell them as has a different washer bottle part.
Whiteatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 10:32   #8
GLYN SOLEY

GLYN SOLEY has 10 points

Great write up Zboyd your quote "I'm now running with a full intake again and have had to remove the engine cover, the Forge kit looks the business and I wouldn't feel the need to hide it away. Not sure if the kit will fit with the engine cover in place though, I couldn't test this as we'd already fitted the ITG so no way the engine cover would go back anyway. Based on the pipe connects on the PCV cover plate being straight out rather than angled they may foul on the engine cover. "
I was wondering what experiences you guys have had fitting your forge catchcans sticking with OEM engine covers .
GLYN SOLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 11:10   #9
ZBOYD
SCN Admin

ZBOYD has 40 points

To be honest, I wouldn't see it being a huge problem. The piping is no larger or awkward than the pipe work I had with the BSH catch can kit. The engine cover fitted over those pipes ok. You just need to be aware of where you are routing the pipes.

I didn't need to worry so much because I wasn't fitting the engine cover back, but if I was I would of routed the pipework beneath the left hand mounting post for the engine cover.

You can see in this pic the mount is only slightly obscured and there is a little space below the mount to tuck the pipes.

Last edited by ZBOYD; 18-04-2010 at 11:13.