mjt

Jul 12, 2008
as above really. real ones will need adaptors and they're very expensive.
reps are a bit shitty, but if you get good quality ones they'll be alright.

i remember seeing a picture somewhere on this forum of an RS6 rep that just completely disintegrated. been looking for it for ages, never found it..

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Calling All Owners Of The RS6 Replica Alloy!!

If anybody out there can shed any light on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated! Every day, throughout the day, my eyes are constantly on the look out for rs6 alloys! My eyes, and my brain are obsessed and consequently drained, with the amount of attention I am paying to the definition of the lines on these alloys, and its taking its toll on me!!
Basically I'm almost convinced I want this replica style, and in the evenings, I'm scourting the internet to find who to give my money too for the pleasure, but the word 'replica' worries me when it comes to buying! Have you seen how many places you can buy this wheel from if you type it in ebay? They all seem to be unbranded. They all seem to share the same picture for advertising. Does anybody know if I'm taking a gamble as to how close a replica this wheel will be, judging by the lack of branding within each advertisement. Who makes these darn things and doesn't put a brand to them, to ensure some confidence in design and purchase!! Is it one mass produced wheel, and everybody is buying in this one replica for re-sale, or could I find that one is not as close a rep as another rep? Anybody out there any wiser on this subject who could give rest to my "obsessed with alloys" disorder??!!

CupraString

Jul 29, 2008
West Mids
New style Rs6 or old style Rs6 wheels? I got mine from wheelmania with avon tyres at a really good price :)

These are mine I wanted old school but these havn't been done on a leon so thought I would try......

Leon013.jpg

andycupra

status subject to change
well the old ones have to be replicas... as the originals would be audi which had a different stud pattern.

~If you want some come back buy them through a local tuner / shop. They wont be a million miles off the ebay price as you can pick them up :)

I quite like the newer rims above!

CupraString

Jul 29, 2008
West Mids
Im sure wheelmania do old school RS6(replica) still, they are all replicas on ebay and iv heard they aren't great quality so would stick to a place local incase you get any problems.
I havn't had any problems with mine and tyres really grip when driving hard..........

PS thanks for the comments on wheels : D

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
They do indeed do replicas and they're too soft. Certainly not in the same league as the TD Pro Race wheels in terms of strength.

They do look good but given the state of our roads for the foreseeable, i'd want something stronger on.

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Yeh, ive spotted that wheelmania do the old rs6 ones too. To be honest, they weren't too bad a price. Quality wise, what are the TD Pro race ones Fester, to compare against?

Vin-R

Oct 2, 2008
Midlands
My replicas are soo close to the original ones i loved them!! got them from wheelbasedirect.co.uk

Used to have them on my mk4 Golf GTI

Its hard to say that each and every rep will be identical as they are soo mass produced. I, however would buy from a reputable seller ie wheelbasedirect.co.uk , they are massive.

Last edited:

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
So the TD Pro Race are the cupra R replicas by the looks of it if im reading right? Can't fault the precision judging by photo Vin R.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
You've got it wrong.

I did same as unclefester, has RS6 reps to start with and now have the ProRace 1.2's

Reps are 16-17kg a wheel ProRaces are 8-9kg a wheel, you can really feel the difference :)

jamiebennett81

You've got it wrong.

I did same as unclefester, has RS6 reps to start with and now have the ProRace 1.2's

Reps are 16-17kg a wheel ProRaces are 8-9kg a wheel, you can really feel the difference :)

ouch! really!

I wonder how heavy my Oz's are? probably some where in between, but these are of an excellent quality though, and dont dent or chip as easy as when I had my old deep dish wheels on

warren_cox

Back from the dead
One day when I was having some work done on my LCR, some reprobate from this site was there blowing cash like water on Bilstein coilies, Neuspeed ARB's, S3 front strut brace etc :cartman:....

Can't remember the chaps name, but he had RS6's on his LCR. Sorry, not the greatest of photos, but gives you a general idea!

DSC_4073.JPG

Thanks to Ruddmeister!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.