SCN are visiting SEAT UK to see the new LCR

Al

Aug 29, 2005
All technical information supplied to us by SEAT, in a summary of highlighted information regarding the Cupra R.

Only fact mentioned that the R gearbox has been given a shorter throw, though it was mentioned that its supposed to be a bit tougher too. But its not been summarised as being uprated.

The boost figures are from the summary, without logging or gauges you can only take their word for it. Maybe in due course someone will buy one and plug in VCDS :)

As m0rk says, they might be publishing a 265PS figure but they are pushing out more than that.

Yeah, the information available says about the box being tougher - it certainly has a different part number over the Cupra :)

It would be interesting to see if these make the 280bhp the S3's do. I have to be honest and say I quite like the back of it the more I see it. Shame they never did something to the side and front too though.

The report says the diffuser at the rear is piano black, but on my laptop, I cant see if thats the case. Can you confirm that is is actually shiny black rather than the course plastic on our Cupras Mark?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Different part number can be simply because its got 6mm lesser throw than the Cupra's box though, a short shift in essense. :)

The diffuser, rear wing/spoiler and the other usual Cupra parts, mirrors, B pillars, and grille surround are piano 'shiny' black.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Good write up guy's. I like it, although probably not enough to make me change to one. I'd just like some of the little touch's added to my car.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Really enjoyed reading that; some really well positioned and salient points made by all, and a frank honesty about it which wasn't schmoozy to SEAT UK. I think it captured a real essence of objective reviewing with some really valuable insight for SEAT from the UK customer base.

If they chuck back in the Recaro options, Brembo's, and some bodywork differentiation and take the fight to Renaultsport and RS brigade I'd always be happy to return to SEAT, I'm only conscientiously objecting with an Audi until SEATSport are given more liberty and creativity!

Many thanks to all 3 writers, great read.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Great write up guys. I have to say I really like it....but not that colour!!

Look forward to hearing the exhaust if I ever see one on the road.

Is it a different intake to give it more noise too?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Is it worth changing my mk1 lcr for mk2??? I do love the mk1 very much. It's going to have to be a test drive! Hope the Exhaust is as good as they say :D

:yes: The MK2 LCR is going to be superior to the MK2 LC, and the MK2 LC is in another league completely from the MK1 LCR.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
The backs of them still look too high, it's that ridiculous diffuser, looks like an Altea or someshit, Mk1 still wins lookswise every time :D

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Different part number can be simply because its got 6mm lesser throw than the Cupra's box though, a short shift in essense. :)

It will be the linkage or possibly even the gearstick being shorter that will reduce the throw. Very unlikely it's the actuall gearbox

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
It will be the linkage or possibly even the gearstick being shorter that will reduce the throw. Very unlikely it's the actuall gearbox

The question to ask is how does SEAT code its boxes, for instance would they decide the ones with shorter linkages have a different code so they know they get fitted to the right Leon?

Would they just fit the linkages afterwards or are the engine and box complete with the correct linkage when it goes into the car on the production line. :think:

It felt no less capable a box than the one fitted to mine, and mine still had a shorter throw with the Forge short-shift. Even if its rated higher, believe me it isn't going to be rated for 350+ hp and 350+ ft/lbs of torque. :)

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
What a rubbish write-up! I saw the original images when it was first announced and I thought to myself "no way, I'm sticking with my Mk1 LCR", and then I read that bloody write-up last night and emailed my local dealer to get on the list for a test as soon as it comes in. I don't know what it is about it, because I've never been a big fan of the Mk2, but I really quite fancy that! Thanks a bunch guys, you may have just cost me £25k that I really don't have! :lol:

Seriously, thanks, enjoyed reading it :D

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
The black seat backs look good but won't last 5 minutes in the real world.
When the rear sears are down and the front seat is all the way back they rub and cause damage already!

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I like those seats. If I can't get the car itself I want the seats in my Mk1.

My only concern about this car is how long the Mk2 will continue to be around for. Wasn't the Mk1 around for 6 years before it was replaced? I know the market/economy is different now, but with there already being talk about the Mk3 Leon, won't this appear to be a defunct model quickly?

And why don't they make a Cupra R32? :lol: Not asking too much, am I? :D

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I like those seats. If I can't get the car itself I want the seats in my Mk1.

My only concern about this car is how long the Mk2 will continue to be around for. Wasn't the Mk1 around for 6 years before it was replaced? I know the market/economy is different now, but with there already being talk about the Mk3 Leon, won't this appear to be a defunct model quickly?

This car will be the MK2 run out model. You're probably looking at at least two years before the MK3 is in the showrooms add another year for the Cupra models to surface - then another 2/3 for the MK3 R I guess.

What would a Cupra R32 be like? This is probably as lairy as SEAT will get for a while. Personally that's the way I like it. I'm too old and responsible(?!) (with a family now) to be driving something as in your face as a Focus RS. The Golfs all blend into each other as far as I'm concerned. The Golf R doesn't look any better than the GTI etc. and it's stupid money.

Scott

warren_cox

Back from the dead

For exactly the reason that VW don't make an R32.

Performance was slipping behind tubby cars but with hugh co2 figures.

Engines were slightly heavier blunting front end handling slightly.

Hence the Golf R is a 2.0T.

Unless someone has the bring idea to put the 2.5T in a Leon, I doubt we'll ever hear a desirable sounding engine note (gruff and free from tappets) from a SEAT ever again which is a real shame. Hopefully the Mk3 will get it!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise