Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
Mazscar-7.jpg

QUOTE]

sporting two tone mirrors there maz:D

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Looks like you've got the same idea as me ;) You sticking with standard valve sizes?
The idea is to go bigger valves but I havent found the right information yet or company to work on the head.

Anyway the ARL head is on its way so thats a start.

Last edited:

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Going down that road are we....

I'll call up a few people that have had work done to there heads/flowed and see if anyone will mill out that out for you... sometimes difficult to get them to work on a TDI for some reason...

You get a good deal on the ARL head?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Going down that road are we....

I'll call up a few people that have had work done to there heads/flowed and see if anyone will mill out that out for you... sometimes difficult to get them to work on a TDI for some reason...

You get a good deal on the ARL head?
Oh dear Rodger what have I done!?!?!?!

Yes looks that way. Not going to rush it - doing my research and with your help I am sure I will be fine. ;) Got some good contacts recently so hopefully everything will flow nicely.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
nice one - will continue to follow this - what did you pay for the head?
£135 delivered.

Been doing "homework" on this for past day or so. I have said for a while i will do engine work and I feel there is enough knowledge and resources available to me to get something done. I dont think it will be easy and its first time I am ever doing anything like this.

I try not to do things in halves but I havent decided yet whether I will change turbo. Part of me is wondering how far I can take this hybrid so injectors are on the cards.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I now see why engine work is a long slow process - looks like its going to cost a few quid. ultimately to get job done properly you need a lot of new replacement parts OEM and uprated. For example, complete bolt set for cylinder head rework 128 euros. Ouch.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The next step - update #1

Right first update on the project.

With any project you have to start with the end in mind however with this one I am not quite sure what I am actually going to achieve power wise. I have talked this through with Kenny@AmD and we like the idea for the moment sticking with the hybrid and seeing what happens with power once the Cylinder Head modifications have been done.

ARLHead.jpg

I have been gather potential companies who can do the work on the Head. Kenny has got some excellent contacts who helped him build his 500bhp cossie that we will be used. My first homework assignment is buying another Cylinder Head so we can chop it up and see how far we can actually got with the porting.

My next piece of homework will be looking an exhaust valves and how big we can go with these. Done a lot of reading on the subject so hopefully will come up with something soon.

Kenny said its important we do not rush the project and gather the bits slowly. I am going to be ordering in the cam start of Feb when my US contact comes back from holiday. My US contact actually does Cylinder Head porting himself so I am sure he will have valuable information for me.

Hayward and Scott Exhaust Update

Finally fixed the vibration in the rear box. Lovely driving without hearing any metal rattles! Really happy with the service and work done by H&S. Might have some more work for them in the coming months.

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I was going to speek to my mate who builds the V8 hot rods about the head work but if Kenny's know's someone you might be better off with them.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The next step - update #2

The head has been stripped by Steve@AmD today and ready to be sent to the chap that does the BTCC work on the golf to see whether he wants to take on the work.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.