My OVNI yellow LCR- Resprayed!

Aug 5, 2010
Pig Hill
Right, had this for nearly 2 weeks now.

Love it.

I spent a few hours the other day cleaning it.

Paint is faded but I thought that I'd make the best of what I have.
Excuse the crap photos- was using my phone- and it was just about to get dark :p

cupranoplate.jpg

Here's a quick photoshop to show how I would've liked it to turn out:

moaryelo.jpg

And finally the engine bay:

imag0017fw.jpg

yes- I know the coolant tank needs sorting out!

I reckon a remap, induction, kit 007p, tip and I'll be where I wanna be- excluding a respray .

Last edited:

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Nice mate, before you go all out on a respray get the car 'mopped' or buffed first and see if that helps at all.

Coolant tank looks fine to me ;)

Aug 5, 2010
Pig Hill
Nice mate, before you go all out on a respray get the car 'mopped' or buffed first and see if that helps at all.

Coolant tank looks fine to me ;)

I reckon it's beyond that. :)

I thought these would look nice- shame I've sold them :(

46130301.jpg

I really should get a better camera/use the flash- the car's faded but it looks better than in these pics!

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Mopping doesn't work with ovni unfortunately. The yellow actually fades under the laquer.

Car looks good and the plans sound spot on. Having an ovni car I kno how difficult they can be to photograph

Aug 5, 2010
Pig Hill
Time to go from 7 tone beige back to OVNI yellow :funk:

dsc00636ff.jpg

dsc00627nd.jpg

dsc00624v.jpg

Can't wait till Monday! :clap:

What waxes and polishes do people use on their OVNI Seat to keep it looking gleaming?

Pyro

Looking good Alan :D can't wait to see it myself please go for green wheels :D it'll look mint if you wanna wait till I get mine done you can have them done at same time ;)

Aug 5, 2010
Pig Hill
Looking good Alan :D can't wait to see it myself please go for green wheels :D it'll look mint if you wanna wait till I get mine done you can have them done at same time ;)

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to go green.
This pic (thanks to t32er) looks sweert though:

moddedforufo.jpg

Might just settle for shiny grey...

Anyone ever used orange crush?

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Watch out for little bits when it comes back, noticed a lot of finishing touches that need to be taken care of on mine :( colour is lovely but there's scratches all over it and some tiny bubbles that've appeared!

Fingers crossed you don't have the same issue, you'll love the colour when it's back though :)

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
mr dave,

if you have bubbles that have appeared then this sounds like micro blister, basically water in the air lines while spraying, sadly this will get alot worse over time

to the op is that ready for paint above??? if so it a cheap job?

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
mr dave,

if you have bubbles that have appeared then this sounds like micro blister, basically water in the air lines while spraying, sadly this will get alot worse over time

to the op is that ready for paint above??? if so it a cheap job?

Yea -- it's just on the edges of the doors, very tiny (what i'm sure are) bubbles - it's going back as soon as the sprayer is back from his holiday as there's swirls and scratches in the paint too, not happy! Thanks for the reply though -- will be helpful :)

It's really nice having the car one colour though -- you'll enjoy it :)

Last edited:

Pyro

now for an update alans car :D he got it back today and bought it to me so i could get some snaps for him but he spend so long fannying about that it was nearly dark so i couldnt get some really good one ;) but here they are
b4d9a833.jpg
b41b9449.jpg
4b929d44.jpg
6283cb5f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise