80MM tip for the LCR - Cheap

cupra_r_ick

Jan 29, 2011
bill, will v2.2 be better than 2 in performance terms ?
please say no as just bloody ordered a 2 lol

blackmagic20vt

Apr 1, 2007
2 things which I will correct your presumptuous post on. :rolleyes:

1. Copyright Has been infringed.. Blatantly obvious
2. I have seen and handled said copy, and it is not made of comparable quality materials

Point 1, is where I have the issue.

We are Talking copyright here, not Patent to put the facts down.
Chancer's just copying someone else's product says a lot about those people... Zero morals, zero business ethic, and they see an opportunity to make a buck on the back of someone else's design effort...

Support them if you like, but keep supporting companies who rip off others hard work, and you will loose innovators of product who actually push the development of these cars, and dont just ride on the backs of others for their own profit.

:censored:

Like I said I am no legal expert and if you had a patent for anything then you have a case otherwise who else are you going to target every other silicone manufacturer unfortunately as you know unless you patent something you wont have a leg to stand on there are too many variations out there and having said that I dont know where the copies are made but if they are not made in the UK then you really have no chance.

Ask yourself why are forge not suing anyone for copying their silicone turbo intake pipes?

You then talk of morals and ethics well that's all well and good but do you and everyone else follow those morals. For example when you and Mrs Badger are out shopping for a washing machine or hoover do you say to her stop we are not buying that its a copy of the Dyson.

Lets go buy the Dyson as he was the great innovator and inventor that produced the item or do you look at the quality compare it to the relative cost.

I'd imagine 99% are the latter and take the product and see if the price tag meets the quality and is sufficient for the job in hand. We cant then bring in business ethics and morals in business can we otherwise we would hypocrites and unless we did this all the time and were not selective in certain companies just because they were losing you business and were in direct competition with yourselves?

Most people I know start a business to make money and maybe some so it because it brings in a decent wage and they actually enjoy what they do.

Innovators will always be there producing products and pushing boundaries ever further. What you will also see is smaller companies making products in direct competition to the bigger name manufacturers and as a customer this can only mean good things and lower and affordable prices for the average Joe as not everyone has £175 for a TIP and if they have to trim it a few inches to make it fit then its a small price to pay.

I have no problem with your products which are excellent and I am still rocking your 330mm Brake conversion but you need to get real and see this for what it really is.

I also dont think will really affect your bottom line as you said you dont really make that much on them so onwards and upwards chin up and move on to the next innovation.:D

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Dont you all think buying the cm tip for £100 and to find out it does not fit a waste of money? I would happily buy a product that fits correctly for a bit more.
Bill also offeres great advise and asks nothing for it, im sure cm wouldnt be the same. Support the person who supports you when you need it.

blackmagic20vt

Apr 1, 2007
imag0397y.jpg
imag0398r.jpg

imag0405lf.jpg

imag0404d.jpg

imag0403u.jpg

imag0402w.jpg

imag0401cq.jpg

imag0400we.jpg

imag0399o.jpg

look at the angles on the tips. where they join to turbo/adapter, and at the maf end too. IT IS WRONG

That looks like the same issue Joe my mate had with his Badger V2 we had to trim the Badger one to fit. Maybe Bill can answer but if I am not mistaken you will need to trim the Badger one to fit and I know a few people on Audi sport have hacked the Badger one to fit their OEM airbox and their induction kits. Have a look at the thread below and post from schlaag my mate Joe had the same issues.

Maybe Bill can clarify this, is the fitting the same for the TT, S3 and the LCR. I think if you are looking for a direct fit to your particular setup then I dont think there is one apart from the SFS one at present and that picture of the CM one looks identical shape to Bills.

edit link below

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/badger-5/144109-80mm-tip-fitting-instructions.html

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Cant cut the cm one as its too short to begin with. Plus the angles are wrong, dv port is miles away and not even close to fit. Due to the wrong angle this means there is a massive kink, so bad it nearly blocks the intake off.
I read about the b5 tip needing cutting on asn and it was made like that so it can fit aftermarket heat shields and the airbox, both have different fitting positions, so its made too long so it can be cut to suit. Remember you can cut but you cant add on. I have a b5 v1 tip and will not change it, its perfect and im more than happy with it.

Last edited:

blackmagic20vt

Apr 1, 2007
it would be really good if you could post up the shape differences for the rest of us cupra_r_Rick comparing the CM and Bills V2 one so we cant see what issues we might have.

cupra_r_ick

Jan 29, 2011
ill do that black magic, the more i look at it the more it hink its going to be identical, and im going to have to basterdise it to fit.... if so ive bummed out lol

Last edited:

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
That's what I was saying about the cm one, if it's off angle due to the kink, cutting some out will move it to allow the kink to come out.

It's a shame you don't still have the sfs one as you could of done some logs.

blackmagic20vt

Apr 1, 2007
Does anyone know what the V2 TIP was modeled on in terms of which car TT S3 or LCR? I'd imagine the V2.2 might be a better fitting one then and hence the reason for the change?

I know the V1 was a better fitment as it was in 3 pieces so easy to fit.

cupra_r_ick

Jan 29, 2011
jake, it made 272 bhp on a dyno, and ofen made airflow to back that up on the road
when th v2 arrives i will log and post up this time. its also going back on the same dyno with no other changes bar the tip in august so see what it saying then

seano83

May 24, 2012
Fitted the badger 5 today, it fitted but was very tight, but then I got in a drove the car and wow!!!! Didn't think there would be much difference.... How I was wrong!!

blackmagic20vt

Apr 1, 2007
so from all this what is everyone's opinion on fitting then. Just read the TT thread and the bloke got it to fit ok on his TT in the end with some cutting at the MAF end to a OEM airbox and reckons it was worth the £100.

The B5 tip also needs to be cut to fit as reported by the Audi sport members had anyone fitted any 3" tip on here without having to modify it first?

Does it depend on which car you have i.e S3 TT or LCR? I dont mind a bit off faffing around to get it to fit but I also dont want a dud lol. Mine is going on a S3 and according to the the S3 members they had to butcher the B5 to make it fit?

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Black magic did you read the part where the adaptor does not fit, also there is a fecking kink. Due to the angles being wrong, there will always be a kink no matter how much trimming.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
My point to all this is not quality, its not fitment, its the fact this company is trying to rip bill off. How much reasearch did cm do??? None.
I dont see cm posting 10000+ post on this forum helping members out.
I know bill can be tricky to talk to at times ( maybe be shy or busy) but he certainly makes up when it comes to advise and info, we are luck to have such a great tuner and friend on this forum.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise