Calling any K04 (non hybrid) owners who have cracked the magic 300bhp figure.

Westle

Audi S3 Driver
May 22, 2009
Have you done any testing with different tyres Sam? I've currently got some really cack cheap tyres on as i'm swapping my wheels about and I can get all 4 wheels spinning in the wet. With a decent set of tyres like Michelin PS3s or Continental Contact Sports I don't get any wheel spin at all.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I know it's not an issue in the S3 but in the LCR with these mods what traction like?

Bad lol i struggle in 1st 2nd 3rd. In the wet 4 th is also an issue. Its very fun tho and when its fun thats when you love it :) i had some fun in the wet last night with the tc turned off :)

James needs to read this......... :p
HTA3071 on 2ltr stroker

LCR

nice weather we're having is'nt it
:hide:

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
started at 11am in morning finish at 8:30pm to get this relentless manifold on least we no now the best method to get it on without removing the head of taking the engine out

E8E58799-orig.jpg

car in bits with dogbone mount off and engine tilted foward slightly

8829DC2E-orig.jpg

finish product no more blowing traction is now a major issue the car sounds like a monster even got a spit of flame last night :) car feels like a different car altogether boost noticeable comes in earlier and feels alot more torquey midrange and top end i'm very please with it so far

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Have you done any testing with different tyres Sam? I've currently got some really cack cheap tyres on as i'm swapping my wheels about and I can get all 4 wheels spinning in the wet. With a decent set of tyres like Michelin PS3s or Continental Contact Sports I don't get any wheel spin at all.

I've literally had 4 Michelin Pilot sport 3's delivered this morning. I had conti sport contact 5's on and im pissed off with them. 7000 miles and theyre down to 3mm.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
started at 11am in morning finish at 8:30pm to get this relentless manifold on least we no now the best method to get it on without removing the head of taking the engine out

E8E58799-orig.jpg

car in bits with dogbone mount off and engine tilted foward slightly

8829DC2E-orig.jpg

finish product no more blowing traction is now a major issue the car sounds like a monster even got a spit of flame last night :) car feels like a different car altogether boost noticeable comes in earlier and feels alot more torquey midrange and top end i'm very please with it so far

how did you get at the bolts/stud to the turbo?

Westle

Audi S3 Driver
May 22, 2009
WOW impressive to fit that without removing the head. My K04 mani was cracked big time too.

What boost are you running as I found my boost had dropped slightly from all my mods but that could have been from the large port head too?!

Westle

Audi S3 Driver
May 22, 2009
I've literally had 4 Michelin Pilot sport 3's delivered this morning. I had conti sport contact 5's on and im pissed off with them. 7000 miles and theyre down to 3mm.

I rate the PS3s better then the contis ;)

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
ot used to peak at 1.6 bar and hold at between 1.2-1.3 bar to redline but not boost as dropped now sure why to 1.4 but still holding at 1.3 bar solid to redline but strangely it pulls much harder and noise on boost is insane

Westle

Audi S3 Driver
May 22, 2009
ot used to peak at 1.6 bar and hold at between 1.2-1.3 bar to redline but not boost as dropped now sure why to 1.4 but still holding at 1.3 bar solid to redline but strangely it pulls much harder and noise on boost is insane

Boost has dropped as the turbo is flowing much more freely due to the mani and doesn't have to work as hard to make what the ECU is requesting. Mine dropped from 21psi to 19psi. Time to turn the boost up ;)

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
welly should get royalties on these or start selling them himself!
lol

He should at least ask them to brand it on the front :). I'm getting tempted to buy one of these. Took me a while to find out exactly what they were, lol

Anyone know if it would be worthwhile changing from the the forge LCR fmic (original not big race one) to the welly one?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

its torque request was met so it did'nt need to push more boost to achieve it... aka its flowing more efficiently

dont just fixate on boost, thats just one parameter

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
He should at least ask them to brand it on the front :). I'm getting tempted to buy one of these. Took me a while to find out exactly what they were, lol

Anyone know if it would be worthwhile changing from the the forge LCR fmic (original not big race one) to the welly one?

I have no data for comparison

I do know the toyo core has been used on 450bhp installs, and cooling and flow vs p_drop were good. (road cars not race cars)

Westle

Audi S3 Driver
May 22, 2009
Boost has dropped as the turbo is flowing much more freely due to the mani and doesn't have to work as hard to make what the ECU is requesting. Mine dropped from 21psi to 19psi. Time to turn the boost up ;)

its torque request was met so it did'nt need to push more boost to achieve it... aka its flowing more efficiently

dont just fixate on boost, thats just one parameter

Look Bill, I'm actually learning lol :whistle:

Westle

Audi S3 Driver
May 22, 2009
Bit of a thread revival!

Car has been at R Tech this week having a custom map for some Bosch 550cc injectors and all my other hardware.

Car was ran on the rollers as it was when I dropped it off, producing 262bhp and 295lbft but there was a slight misfire between 3500 - 4000 revs. The misfire turned out to be a "torque intervention" setting on the ECU that was made sensitive by the Revo software. This was causing a misfire as it was pulling timing due to a torque spike. Once disabled the car was run again, this time producing 296bhp and 320lbft, much better. This was on the stock injectors so there should be more to come.

R Tech spent yesterday dialling in the fuelling for the 550s so should be doing the finishing touches today and tomorrow then onto some power runs. I'm certain that another 4bhp can be found easily with the bigger injectors and a custom map.

Last edited:

swedey21

Most days i drink meths..
Nov 15, 2011
burford
Bit of a thread revival!

Car has been at R Tech this week having a custom map for some Bosch 550cc injectors and all my other hardware.

Car was ran on the rollers as it was when I dropped it off, producing 262bhp and 295lbft but there was a slight misfire between 3500 - 4000 revs. The misfire turned out to be a "torque intervention" setting on the ECU that was made sensitive by the Revo software. This was causing a misfire as it was pulling timing due to a torque spike. Once disabled the car was run again, this time producing 296bhp and 320lbft, much better. This was on the stock injectors so there should be more to come.

R Tech spent yesterday dialling in the fuelling for the 550s so should be doing the finishing touches today and tomorrow then onto some power runs. I'm certain that another 4bhp can be found easily with the bigger injectors and a custom map.

Thats very interesting...as im on revo stage 2..
I run very much the same power as yours..265-270 and have a funny like misfire,feels like its holding back at 3500-4000rpm..i just thought it was normal for the map...
Will have to get it rolling roaded..ive logged it and get 3 at most timing pull,running boost 6,timing 7,

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Bit of a thread revival!

Great results:) on a credable dyno too. Will be interesting at what rpm peak power is made. She'll be a beast . Well Done

Westle

Audi S3 Driver
May 22, 2009
Thats very interesting...as im on revo stage 2..
I run very much the same power as yours..265-270 and have a funny like misfire,feels like its holding back at 3500-4000rpm..i just thought it was normal for the map...
Will have to get it rolling roaded..ive logged it and get 3 at most timing pull,running boost 6,timing 7,

Apparently this issue is more common on the Audis which is why S3s and TTs have always struggled to make the power that you LCR stage 2 boys do. The "torque intervention" is a know thing but up until earlier this week nobody was sure how to disable it or work around it according to Niki at R Tech. He said this should blow the door wide open on K04 tuning again ;)

I used to get a holding back on mine and always thought it was either my WMI flooding the charge air or maybe some slight timing pull. Well it was timing pull. With the intervention disabled you can map in the timing that the car can actually run without the ECU trying to intervene using map tables that aren't accurate.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.